Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plantronics Shoutout
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Other Stuff > Neighborhood Watch
runningtiger
I lost the optional ear stabilizer for my Plantronics Discovery 640 BT headset today. After retracing my steps and eventually giving up on finding such a small thing, I did a quick check on eBay only to find ear gels available, but no ear stabilizer. sad.gif I searched online and the cost of shipping was soooo high compared to the price of the item. mad.gif

So, I called Plantronics to find out how they would suggest to get a replacement and they are simply sending me one. ohmy.gif I am not even the original purchaser of this headset. I bought it from Smeg. They didn't ask me any questions about where I got it, how much, how long ago, etc. Just "we'll get one in the mail to you tomorrow...should be there in two days."

I just wanted to give them a pat on the back and let you all know they did more than right by me and I appreciate it very much. "Customer service" is getting hard to come by these days it seems, but it still exists at Plantronics...at least today, with this problem (part probably cost them a dime +/-, plus postage), and the customer service agent I got! biggrin.gif

Great headset too btw!
smeg36
I'm glad you're still using and liking the 640. Plantronics really is a great company. Their products are first class, and it sounds like their CS is as well.
runningtiger
QUOTE (smeg36 @ May 23 2006, 06:22 PM) *
I'm glad you're still using and liking the 640.
Everyday...and loving it! Come to think of it, Plantronics probably owes me a commission or two! I get asked at least once a week about the headset by people who are not enjoying their current BT headset so much, or, looking to buy their first. I'm always glad to share with them my experience 'cuz I would not have known where to begin when I wanted one and was not happy with the first one I bought. Thanks Smeg - 'cuz of your stamp of approval on this one, I knew it was not going to be money down the drain! And, thanks again to Plantronics. I'm happy to accept the little ear wire as my "compensation"! laugh.gif
runningtiger
I'm gonna do it again. Here's another shoutout for Plantronics. Once again their customer service is nothing short of amazing. That's the short of it.

Here's the long of it...

So, I bought Smeg's 640 headset quite awhile ago and eventually lost the ear stabilizer and got a replacement at zero cost to me from Plantronics as noted above.

I liked and used the 640 so much everyday but that I couldn't get a whole days usage out of it since it lasts 5 hours before it needs to be recharged. I listen to music all day long while I work and 5 hours doesn't get me through the day. So, I set out to get an extra charging sleeve for my car and came across an eBay auction that was for the sleeve and two headsets...a 640 and a 320. Neither were tested and so the auction went cheap - cheaper than I could purchase the sleeve as a stand-alone. Well, it turned out both headsets worked great and so I started using the 320 since it last 10 hours (they only claim 8 - but I get 10)! Finally, I could get through a day of listening to music without any problem.

So, I've been doing that for MONTHS - day in and day out. Then one day my headset turned off and wouldn't turn back on. sad.gif I tried charging it for days - nothing. I tried letting it drain for weeks and then charging - nothing. So, I called Plantronics and asked if it was dead or, could it be revived? The customer service guy told me to plug it in to the charger and try to turn it on. I did this and got nothing - no confirming red or blue light that it was getting any charge at all. sad.gif

The CS guy then walked me through their online request for "Warranty Express" service (and I do mean EXPRESS). That was two business days ago and a replacement headset arrived today!!! biggrin.gif

Once again they did not ask me when or where I'd bought it - or anything! They just said our product isn't working, here's a new one.

I'm almost speechless. wink.gif I find their level of customer service completely uncommon in this day and age and want to tell everyone how great they are.

Everyone...Plantronics is great!

PS:
Funny thing is, while I was on the phone with the CS guy and did what he told me to do and got no response it seemed confirmed the 320 was indeed dead. I hung up and walked away from the plugged in 320 until that evening when I went to charge my two 640s (it takes two 640s to replace the same amount of listening time as one 320). I took the 320 off the charger and gave the button a press - just to see what would happen. It turned on. ohmy.gif It's been working like nothing was wrong ever since. ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif So, now I'm sitting here with my original 320 that seems to be working fine and a brand new 320. I have to send the first one back to Plantronics and keep the replacement they sent. I hope they don't think I scammed them when they get the first one back and it's working. I really hope it shows up in their diagnostics that there is/was a problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.