Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Samsung SGH-t809 -- MP3s for Ringtones?
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > Other Phone Edition Devices
AnthonyC
I have an Samsung SGH-t809 and I'm trying to find a way to download MP3s and then use them as ringtones. This T-Mobile branded phone seems to restrict the ability to use downloaded files as ringtones.

I'm hoping someone has the solution for this. I've tried converting the MP3 files to other formats, but no luck (the phone won't let me set those files as ringtones).

Hope someone can help! Thanks....
smeg36
Well, that's not a Windows Mobile phone (what this community is focused on), so I'm not sure you'll find a whole lot of help. Someone hear may have used it in the past, and might know the answer, but no guarantees.
tmoman
I'm having the same problems. Any solutions yet?
Karibou
Change the file extension of your file from .mp3 to .3gp. (Use your computer to change the extension and then add the file to your phone through the memory card or a bluetooth connection.)

I did this and it works like a charm!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.