Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dial up on 6315
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > HP Phone Edition
dgwills
Hi Guys, Does anyone know if this would work ??? Dialing up to a ISP via 1 800 to surf the web when not in a WiFi Hotspot and no data plan??
Thx in advance.
smeg36
It depends on your carrier. T-Mobile is really the only carrier you can do that with anymore. What carrier are you trying to do it with? One of the main reasons to reconsider doing this is the slow data speed. It will connect at 14.4kbps, instead of the 40 or so kbps GPRS.
dgwills
QUOTE (dgwills @ May 19 2006, 07:20 PM) *
Hi Guys, Does anyone know if this would work ??? Dialing up to a ISP via 1 800 to surf the web when not in a WiFi Hotspot and no data plan??
Thx in advance.

Thanks Smeg,
I was going to try it on T Mobile prepay when my new 6315 arrives next week. I was only going to use this method as a last resort when a WiFi hotspot wasn't close by. Just a thought.
smeg36
Unfortunatly, it only works on T-Mobile postpay accounts, not prepaid. At least it did last time I had a prepaid SIM. I can try again next week to let you know for sure, but I doubt it'll work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.