Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPx220 Case
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx220
Gino
Cingular vs Krusell Case for Mpx220... which do you think looks better/will work better?

You can click on Cingular/Krusell for images and info...

Thanks,
Gino

P.S. The Cingular Case is actually made by SUPERIOR COMMUNICATIONS
smeg36
Definitely Krusell. I'd take a Krusell over a generic or carrier branded case any day for almost any device. The Krusell's are really nice, but don't protect much of the hinge area.
Gino
QUOTE (smeg36 @ May 12 2006, 10:10 PM) *
Definitely Krusell. I'd take a Krusell over a generic or carrier branded case any day for almost any device. The Krusell's are really nice, but don't protect much of the hinge area.

Well, that was my first choice but then I saw that the plastic looked loose on the krusell in the picture... but it might just look that way to show that there is plastic there for marketing reasons... idk... does anyone have this case?
smeg36
I had one of the Krusell cases, and it fits pretty good. It is a little loose in some places, but the longer it is on the phone the more secure it'll get.
runningtiger
To each their own...I was not pleased with any of the fitted 220 cases I'd seen until I came across the one I discussed in the third & fourth paragraphs of the following:
http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?...indpost&p=50533

Since then, I've noticed in Omega2008's blog that he owns/is pleased with and has photos of what appears to be the very same case. Check it out:
http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/blog/omega...hp?showentry=53
Gino
Hi, RunningTiger... I have seen that case in Omega's Blog and it does look nice. But I don't know... Do you happen to know where I can look at it online... a website?

QUOTE (runningtiger @ May 13 2006, 04:57 AM) *
To each their own...I was not pleased with any of the fitted 220 cases I'd seen until I came across the one I discussed in the third & fourth paragraphs of the following:
http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?...indpost&p=50533

Since then, I've noticed in Omega2008's blog that he owns/is pleased with and has photos of what appears to be the very same case. Check it out:
http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/blog/omega...hp?showentry=53
runningtiger
I only know of the eBay seller "mobilesandpdas" (see closed auction item # 9717238805). They don't have any listings of this case for the 220 right now. Maybe contact them directly and ask if they're going to get more? That's what I'd do. There is nothing on the case that I can see that indicates who makes it so there's nothing I can offer that would help narrow down a Google search. Sorry and good luck!
Gino
I found it! http://cgi.ebay.com/BEST-CASE-for-MOTOROLA...1QQcmdZViewItem
Anyone else used this case?
Should I get this for $1 more compared to krusell?
runningtiger
Yup, that's it. Glad you found it! Now, I think it's just going to come down to which one do you like the looks of better?

Regarding the Krusell...I'm curious, is there clear plastic covering most the front of the phone in the middle part there where it looks like nothing? This is just my opinion, but those hinge corners are not protected at all, and that would concern me. If you drop it, chances are it's gonna hit the corner of either the hinge or the bottom. And Murphey's law would say that if the hinge is unprotected...that's where it'll hit. Just seems to be the way it happens most the time. dry.gif

I can tell you the case that I have (not the Krusell) has clear plastic covering the screen and keypad and the shiny silver part of the front of the flip (I have the black 220)- the rest of the phone is protected by leather. For the first few days I used it, the plastic covering the screen bugged me 'cuz is would stick to the screen and there'd be bubbles that I'd try to smooth out - and could successfully make go away for the most part. But, I'm much more pleased now that the plastic just doesn't stick to the screen so no air bubbles are ever created. After a few days of use, it became very easy to take on and off 'cuz it doesn't stick - which is a good thing in my book. But, when it's on my phone the clear plastic does a great job of keeping skin oils and other "stuff" off the screen and outta the keypad.

I use this case when I'm listening to music and working around the house and out in the yard. So far I've scraped it on the side of the house, hit it on the side of the garage door, and had a tree limb fall and hit it - my 220 has zero marks on it. I also have used my gloved hands to turn the music on and off, turn the volume up and down, and received many phone calls - not a speck of anything in the keypad. It works very well for me.

I got one of those after-market arm bands (made for an iPod), and using the clip that came with the case you've got the link to on eBay, I keep my phone strapped to my upper arm (bicep) and use my Koss Plugs (canal ear plugs) to enjoy my music. Having the phone up on my arm keeps the ear plugs wire out of the way of everything (tools and me moving around) and also keeps the microphone close to my mouth so I don't even have to detach it when I'm talking to someone.

The case is dressy for the outdoor kind of use I use it for, but it provides such good protection all around the phone that it works great that way. But, it is very nice looking and would look great in a business setting. In fact, mine has no marks on it, and I could use mine in a more formal atmosphere even after all it's been through! However, on a daily basis I carry my phone in a pouch just 'cuz that's what I got used to on my MPx200 and it's what I now prefer. I like seeing my phone 'cuz I think it looks cool and sophisticated. But, when I'm outdoors - the whole thing needs protecting and this case does a great job of doing just that. I also like that the clip allows you to carry it vertical or horizontal...or, somewhere in between. It'll stay however you put it. It looks to me like the Krusell button is completely smooth which would seem like the phone would dangle and swing like my old Nokia did that had a clip like that. I could be wrong...just an observation of what might be a notable difference.

I guess you can tell which case I'd choose eh? Oh, wait, I already did... wink.gif I hope you hear from someone else to tell you all the great things about the Krusell so you can decide which is best for YOU.

Good luck!
Gino
Thanks! That was avery nice "mini-review" I'll wait for a nice little review from a krusell user! Thanks a lot! ~Gino
Gino
Here are some pictures (click to see larger):

VS

More of the BEST CASE from Omega (I couldn't find any reviews of the krusell):

Nidza
Very nice! Thx for the photos. Had something similiar for my MPx200, but nothing to buy here for MPx220. sad.gif Just so nice. Probably it is much easier now to open and close flip with one hand, less chance to drop the phone, or even if you drop it, it is much more protected.

Just love that case, and keep searching to buy it in this end of the world (at least regarding WM toys). wink.gif
Gino
QUOTE (Nidza @ May 20 2006, 11:23 AM) *
Had something similiar for my MPx200, but nothing to buy here for MPx220.

Hi, did you lose your MPx220 or something? ohmy.gif happy.gif

Just so nice. Probably it is much easier now to open and close flip with one hand, less chance to drop the phone, or even if you drop it, it is much more protected.

This is about the BEST CASE on eBay right?

Just love that case, and keep searching to buy it in this end of the world

So your saying I should go for the eBay BEST CASE from mobilesandpdas?

Sorry but your post was a bit confusing... unsure.gif THANKS!!!! ~Gino
Nidza
QUOTE (Gino @ May 21 2006, 12:33 AM) *
Hi, did you lose your MPx220 or something? ohmy.gif happy.gif

^*&& no, just bought it maybe 10 days ago.

This is about the BEST CASE on eBay right?
So your saying I should go for the eBay BEST CASE from mobilesandpdas?

Just like what I was on pictures, not telling you anything. Case on the pictures is so similiar the one I had while I was having MPx200. The phone was safe in it, easier to manipulate, and very practical for belt holding.

Conslusion - I like the case, and I want one, too. smile.gif
Gino
QUOTE (Nidza @ May 21 2006, 06:59 AM) *
^*&& no, just bought it maybe 10 days ago.
Just like what I was on pictures, not telling you anything. Case on the pictures is so similiar the one I had while I was having MPx200. The phone was safe in it, easier to manipulate, and very practical for belt holding.

Conslusion - I like the case, and I want one, too. smile.gif

rolleyes.gif Oh oops... I just noticed you were talking about the MPx200 part of the time... My Bad! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Gino
Well, I just ordered the BEST CASE and there is 1 left if anyone wants it, just click on the link to see it!!! biggrin.gif I can't wait to get it! It probably won't be here until Tuesday or Wednesday though. sad.gif I am probably the most impatient person on earth when it comes to buying things online!!!!! mad.gif laugh.gif
runningtiger
Impatient? Bummer then that you ordered right before a 3-day holiday weekend Gino! I hope you like the case as much as I do. I used mine outdoors today and thought of you and wondered if you'd made a decision. I also noticed you had a thread asking about those plastic film screen protectors and thought to myself I hope you waited to buy those since this case provides screen protection. Patience - and, good luck!

ps...just remember when you first get it, the screen protector will have a lot of static cling and will create air bubbles between it and the screen (which I found kind of annoying) but they will go away in a few days. When it's all static-y like that, it's difficult to get on and off since it kind of "sticks". Slide something like a business card between it and your phone (to "break" the "seal") and eventually it'll slide on/off very easily (mine took a couple days) and there will be no bubbles either! I didn't expect the static cling to go away, but was VERY happy when it did. I don't know if I "caused" it by using a "hard" paper napkin (the kind fast food places give you) to wipe the inside of the screen protector - or, if it would have gone away on it's own. Just thought I'd tell you what I did in case it doesn't go away on it's own. How this came about was I would put it on and those bubbles would form and I'd smooth them away. But, any little speck of anything was noticable sandwiched between the screen protector and the screen. So, I'd remove the case and was attempting to wipe it clean. It eventually lost that static cling and now not only does it not stick to the screen - but little linty stuff doesn't stick either. The ol' two birds thang...
Gino
QUOTE (runningtiger @ May 27 2006, 04:06 AM) *
Bummer then that you ordered right before a 3-day holiday weekend Gino!

Yeah... I actually completly forgot that until right after I ordered it! laugh.gif

I used mine outdoors today and thought of you and wondered if you'd made a decision.

haha... thanks for thinking of me!!! tongue.gif

I also noticed you had a thread asking about those plastic film screen protectors and thought to myself I hope you waited to buy those since this case provides screen protection.

I did... which I guess is a good thing! YAY!!! wink.gif

just remember when you first get it, the screen protector will have a lot of static cling and will create air bubbles between it and the screen (which I found kind of annoying) but they will go away in a few days. When it's all static-y like that, it's difficult to get on and off since it kind of "sticks". Slide something like a business card between it and your phone (to "break" the "seal") and eventually it'll slide on/off very easily (mine took a couple days) and there will be no bubbles either! I didn't expect the static cling to go away, but was VERY happy when it did. I don't know if I "caused" it by using a "hard" paper napkin (the kind fast food places give you) to wipe the inside of the screen protector - or, if it would have gone away on it's own. Just thought I'd tell you what I did in case it doesn't go away on it's own. How this came about was I would put it on and those bubbles would form and I'd smooth them away. But, any little speck of anything was noticable sandwiched between the screen protector and the screen. So, I'd remove the case and was attempting to wipe it clean. It eventually lost that static cling and now not only does it not stick to the screen - but little linty stuff doesn't stick either.

Thanks for the tip! happy.gif
Gino
Hey... by the way RunningTiger... Do you have any pictures of the case open? Omega's are very blurry. THANKS!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wacko.gif
runningtiger
I'm posting a small montage so it will load quickly. I hope the images are big enough (and clear enough) for you to see the detail that you're looking for. If you want to see the images larger, let me know and I'll send them to you directly.
Gino
Oh yeah... By the way... They shipped it out today via First Class Mail and I don't know where they are from sad.gif I guess I won't have it 'till next week ugh... I am soo impatient!!!!
runningtiger
I've just emailed you the full size photos. My case was delivered in 3 days and it went from coast to coast. They are in NJ and I'm in So.Cal so that's standard for snail mail...though I've had it take up to 3 weeks before (and that was "priority" mail laugh.gif )

You'll have yours soon...hope you like it!
Gino
QUOTE (runningtiger @ May 30 2006, 04:09 PM) *
I've just emailed you the full size photos. My case was delivered in 3 days and it went from coast to coast. They are in NJ and I'm in So.Cal so that's standard for snail mail...though I've had it take up to 3 weeks before (and that was "priority" mail laugh.gif )

You'll have yours soon...hope you like it!

I wonder why they are only shipping First Class now? Hopefully it will be here this week! rolleyes.gif
runningtiger
Mine was sent first class as well.

Sorry for the confusion. It was another package from another shipper that was sent "priority" that the post office took three weeks to deliver.
Gino
QUOTE (runningtiger @ May 30 2006, 07:15 PM) *
Mine was sent first class as well.

Sorry for the confusion. It was another package from another shipper that was sent "priority" that the post office took three weeks to deliver.

Oh cool! and it still came in 3 days? That would be awsome! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Gino
Well, it came yesterday and I do like it a lot... the only problem is that it is sometimes loose when it is opened and almost slides off, and sometimes it is hard to play games. But I do like it!
runningtiger
QUOTE (Gino @ Jun 2 2006, 06:26 PM) *
.. it is sometimes loose when it is opened and almost slides off, and sometimes it is hard to play games.
Wow. Really? Mine isn't loose at all. I wish I could see what you're talking about, 'cuz I can't begin to imagine. Granted, I don't play action games on mine so there's no quick button pushing. I used mine outside all day today while I was working in the yard. I open and closed it and changed the music selection etc...all this with gardening gloves on and it doesn't budge the slightest. I count on it keeping the keys covered so no dirt gets in there and it does so perfectly.

If you're talking about the top part of the case moving around on you - have you noticed if the leather on the case is popping out (away from the phone) or caving in and kind of pinching down by the hinge? When I first got mine the leather was a bit stiffer than it is now and it would pop out away from the hinge. Now that it's well used, the leather folds in towards the hinge and the top part stays put rather than the stiff leather pushing it up (and sort of off the top of the phone). Hope that makes sense...especially if that's what's happening. If that is the problem, it'll probably go away as the leather softens and becomes more flexible.

Good luck!
Gino
QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jun 2 2006, 11:39 PM) *
Wow. Really? Mine isn't loose at all. I wish I could see what you're talking about, 'cuz I can't begin to imagine. Granted, I don't play action games on mine so there's no quick button pushing. I used mine outside all day today while I was working in the yard. I open and closed it and changed the music selection etc...all this with gardening gloves on and it doesn't budge the slightest. I count on it keeping the keys covered so no dirt gets in there and it does so perfectly.

If you're talking about the top part of the case moving around on you - have you noticed if the leather on the case is popping out (away from the phone) or caving in and kind of pinching down by the hinge? When I first got mine the leather was a bit stiffer than it is now and it would pop out away from the hinge. Now that it's well used, the leather folds in towards the hinge and the top part stays put rather than the stiff leather pushing it up (and sort of off the top of the phone). Hope that makes sense...especially if that's what's happening. If that is the problem, it'll probably go away as the leather softens and becomes more flexible.

Good luck!

I don't have my camera with me but once I get it I will try to get a picture of what I am talking about... Sometimes when I am holding it and it is open, the bottom or top will slide down/up, it's not the leather covering the antenna because that will obviously move when it opens, but I really like this case anyway!
Gino
I just noticed something about this case, the leather on the bottom covers up the microphone on the bottom of the phone.
Gino
I just posted the pics on my blog, I have a lot of them! The last one shows what I was talking about earlier. What do you think? ;-)
runningtiger
I just looked at your pics...the bottom portion of my case does not even begin to do what you've got pictured there. The top part "can" slip like that, but doesn't unless prodded to. The bottom part won't - even if I try to make it. It takes a good solid tug to get the bottom portion of mine to slide off. Sorry yours is doing what it's doing. Don't know if I just got lucky - or, if you got unlucky?
runningtiger
QUOTE (Gino @ Jun 3 2006, 08:59 PM) *
I just noticed something about this case, the leather on the bottom covers up the microphone on the bottom of the phone.
I've found that to have zero effect on the quality or volume of my voice going out to callers on the other end of a conversation. Use the voice notes app and record yourself...you'll hear the quality of your voice is uneffected. It's counter-intuitive...but good to know.
Gino
I agree totally, just thought people might wanna know.

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jun 5 2006, 06:49 PM) *
I've found that to have zero effect on the quality or volume of my voice going out to callers on the other end of a conversation. Use the voice notes app and record yourself...you'll hear the quality of your voice is uneffected. It's counter-intuitive...but good to know.
runningtiger
whew...glad to hear that's working for you! Would've hated to hear in addition to slipping around it was also negatively effecting the sound of your voice. REALLY glad that's not the case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.