Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audiovox SMT 5600 / SPV C500 / HTC Typhoon / I-mate SP3 RED LIGHT?
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > HTC Typhoon & Feeler
JOEJOETHEJOEY
My friend dropped my phone (Orange SPV C500) a few days ago on to a tiled floor. The phone didn't appear to be broken or faulty at all at the time. I even managed to use TomTom navigator to go to the airport, but for some reason when I looked at it before I went to sleep, the phone was off. I assumed the battery had gone (even though it should have lasted at least another day). I tried to plug in the mains charger, but the LED showed a red light. I left it plugged in while I slept, but it was the same in the morning. The phone won't power on at all. I've read that this normally happens on a flat battery, but I am pretty sure it still had juice for another day.

I brought a new battery, but to no avail, the phone still shows the red light when plugged into the mains. No light at all when plugged via USB to my computer. The phone won't power on at all.

It must have broke something when it was dropped. But I'm confused as to why it took a few hours to take any effect.

I also notice that even without the battery in the phone, the LED will still light up as red when plugged in to the mains.

The strangest thing is, I tried opening it and strangely, when I put the battery against the contacts and tried to switch it on, it worked. I even plugged in the mains charger and it showed an ORANGE light (meaning it was charging). I then tried to put it back together again, but to my horror, it was back to the RED light with the mains charger and the phone wouldn't power up. I disassembled it again, but this time, it wouldn't turn on again using the same method. sad.gif

It's so strange. Anyone know what I can do to test to see which parts of it is borken?
JOEJOETHEJOEY
Anyone at all? Please.
The Undude
Sounds baffling. I wish I knew something simple to try. Perhaps others have some experience with this.

Do you have the phone data backed up on your storage card?
JOEJOETHEJOEY
QUOTE (The Undude @ Apr 18 2006, 06:26 AM) *
Sounds baffling. I wish I knew something simple to try. Perhaps others have some experience with this.

Do you have the phone data backed up on your storage card?

All the important photos and music files I had on it are on my miniSD card. So the data isn't a problem, it's just a matter of getting working again.

I've been looking for alternative phones, I'm looking at the SP5 (or SP5m) but can't find a good deal in the UK. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.