Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What BT Wireless Headsets work with SMT5600?
> Microsoft SmartPhones > HTC Typhoon & Feeler
southfrisco
Hello, I'd like to know which BT wireless headsets work with the Audiovox SMT5600. I have tried two so far, and have had problems pairing the BT headset with my cell.

Motorola H700 did not work. I now have the Jabra BT800 and can't pair this headset with the cell.

If you can tell me which ones work, and have good sound quality and are comfortable to wear reply here.

Thanks a lot.
smeg36
Both of those should work. I'm not sure what the quality will be like once they get paired, but pairing shouldn't be a problem. You must be having an issue somewhere else, not with the headset. Does the BT on it pair with other devices? I'd get Sprite Backup, make a backup file, and hard reset and see if it pairs with the headset then. If it does, you know it was a software problem. If not, you can restore with Sprite and try to figure out what's causing the problem.
southfrisco
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Mar 31 2006, 07:23 AM) *
Both of those should work. I'm not sure what the quality will be like once they get paired, but pairing shouldn't be a problem. You must be having an issue somewhere else, not with the headset. Does the BT on it pair with other devices? I'd get Sprite Backup, make a backup file, and hard reset and see if it pairs with the headset then. If it does, you know it was a software problem. If not, you can restore with Sprite and try to figure out what's causing the problem.

Well my laptop was able to find the 5600. I have bluetooth on my cell set to "discoverable." On both the Motorola and this Jabra headset when I set the headset into 'pairing' mode nothing happens on my cell. The two devices just sit there in pairing mode. I've tried it both with my cell set to "discoverable" and "on" for the bluetooth setting.

Also the laptop was able to find the Jabra BT800. Can you suggest anything else besides a hard reset? Or is that my only option right now? I have not tried to pair my cell with another bluetooth device since I purchased it.
smeg36
Put the headset in discoverable mode. Turn the phone to On. One the phone go to Devices. Then go to search for devices (or whatever it's called, I don't really remember anymore). It should find the headset, and you can connect to it from there.
smeg36
There's a guide on the Windows Mobile website on how to do this.
southfrisco
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Mar 31 2006, 09:29 AM) *
There's a guide on the Windows Mobile website on how to do this.

Thanks a lot. The guide helped and I was able to pair the headset with the cell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.