Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New K-jam Rom Update - includes AKU2 & Push e-mail
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > General > Home Page News
The Undude

New K-jam Rom Update - includes AKU2 & Push e-mail

Good news from i-mate for K-jam owners. i-mate has released a new ROM for the imate K-JAM. What makes the update extra special is it includes much talked about AKU2, which supports push email. The filenames / versions are:

K-JAM_WWE_216901_2169101_020710_ship.zip
K-JAM_Arabic_2160901_21609102_20710_ship.zip

I-mate owners, can get the update here: ftp://ftp.clubimate.com

If you get this, please make sure to let MGN know how it works for you and what else the update includes: for example, stereo Bluetooth? So, how long before this gets hacked or versions for the Cingular 8125 and T-Mobile USA MDA are made available?

Source: Mobility Today
reydiodj
- well, some of the early reports are now showing that the BT Stereo headset profile (A2DP) was not included in this update.

- some speculate that it was separated out due to memory leaks.

I'll flash mines soon enough.
vattiat
Can someone explain to me why this ROM update would be different than what would go on my PPC6700? They're both Apache varients, no?
exchguy
QUOTE (vattiat @ Mar 2 2006, 02:27 PM) *
Can someone explain to me why this ROM update would be different than what would go on my PPC6700? They're both Apache varients, no?

The K-Jam is a GSM phone. I don't think a CDMA phone (PPC-6700) is going to work, as the radio code is totally different. You'll have to wait until Sprint or Verizon releases their update.

For those with the Cingular 8125, beware, as some early adopters who've flashed with this k-jam rom are already having issues, see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....p=238683#238683
reydiodj
Here's i-mate's official release details on their ROM page:

Latest Release details:

The main improvements from the original AKU 1 Operating System, 1.x.9.x, are:

Microsoft™ Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP):
• Addition of the MSFP allowing Direct Push email, remote device wiping, security policy enforcement and Global Address List Lookup for customers using a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with Service Pack 2.

Communication Manager:
• Communication Manager has been updated to allow current data services to be stopped, Direct Push email to be started/stopped using a single button press, and flight mode to be switched on/off.

Specs for the Worldwide English Build:
Rom version: 2.16.9.1
Radio version: 02.07.10
ExtROM version: 2.16.9.101
omega2008
QUOTE (vattiat @ Mar 2 2006, 02:27 PM) *

No Spint and Verizon devices are in the Apache class, they are different, they have different processors and different builds. The GSM versions are the Wizard Class, K-Jam and the alike Wizard 200 series and the Dopod and 8125 the Wizard 100 series. Hardware is the same across the 100 and 200 series just the physical aperence is different.
cortez
hummm...no stereo bluetooth? i guess i'll keep the "unofficial" MS AKU2/MSFP update on my Qtek.
kmaerke
what about using this flash with a qtek 9100. they are the same phone as far as I can tell. My qtek is using ROM version 1.1.7.5 and the cpu is listed as OMAP850. Can anyone give me an answer as to the compatibility to the ROM?
smeg36
I'm not sure about this specific device and ROM, but I do know many qtek and i-mate devices can run each others ROMs. Both companies devices are made by the same people, HTC. So if you have the same qtek version of the phone there should be no reason why the i-mate ROM shouldn't work. It may check the current ROM version and refuse to flash since it won't ID itself as an i-mate phone, but there shoyld be work arounds for that. Sorry I can't be more solid, but I've never personally done this, so it's all theoretical for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.