Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help tethering a 2125 to a PPC via bluetooth...
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > HTC Hurricane, Robbie & Tornado
mbranscum
I know this has been discussed before but with the WM5 I wasn't sure if anything was different. I'm not new to tethering. I have succesfully linked several phones to my HP2215 PPC but I have NEVER been successful tethering a Windows Mobile device to it. I have been successful using he 2125 with my laptop via a USB port. I can LINK to the PPC but can't get the modem to talk to it so I can surf. Can anyone please give me a detail instruction or point me to a place that has one???

EDIT: When I go to Start-->Accesories-->Modem Link I only have USB and Infared options.

Thanks.
smeg36
You should be able to setup the modem from your PPC. When you pair the two the phone should automatically add a DUN profile. Then when you setup the dialup connection you want (I don't know exactly how to do this with Cingular, but with T-Mobile the dialup number was *99#) by creating a new connection, Bluetooth Modem should be an option of which modem to use. You don't need to bother with the Modem Link software on the phone at all.
mbranscum
Thanks. I'll give that a try again. I have been able to pair Nokia Symbian phones, my V3 abd others with no problems. For some reason I just never have been able to get a Smartphone to work. If you don't need to enable the modem on the phone end, why is it necessary to do it when using the USB port connection???

Thanks!
mbranscum
OK...I was successful setting up my profile and tethering. The problem I'm havong now is this...the modem spped of the 2125 while tethering is noticebly slower than the Nokia 6230 or SE w600i using the same settings on the same PPC. My Razr with GPRS connection seems as fast while connected to the PPC.

Any ideas???? sad.gif
smeg36
What is the dialup connection number you're calling? I wonder if it is a different number/username/password for EDGE than GPRS. I know with Verizon the EVDO username is different and you have to use it if you want to get the EVDO speeds. Sorry I can't help much, I've never had Cingular service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.