Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing the Calender Key with the Windows Key
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > HTC Phone Edition Devices
fowen
I have the Cingular 8125 and I would like to replace the calendar key with the windows key. How would I go about doing this?
smeg36
Well, I don't know if the Windows key is a supported button remap on the 8125, but on the Treo 700w I can go to Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons and map which button I want to perform which task. The Start button on the Treo is mapped to the Assignment <Start Menu>. Does this also work on the 8125?
omega2008
There is a way but its via the registry...I remember seeing it somewhere.
fowen
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Feb 15 2006, 03:55 PM) *
Well, I don't know if the Windows key is a supported button remap on the 8125, but on the Treo 700w I can go to Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons and map which button I want to perform which task. The Start button on the Treo is mapped to the Assignment <Start Menu>. Does this also work on the 8125?

The "Buttons" option is there but unfortunatley it doesn't list the start menu dry.gif
omega2008
QUOTE (fowen @ Feb 16 2006, 01:11 PM) *
The "Buttons" option is there but unfortunatley it doesn't list the start menu dry.gif

You can map the hard keys to lauch the start menu but the sofkeys are another story.
fowen
I found the registry setting that your talking about but it doesn't look like (for now) anyone has made it work with the start menu.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...87&page=1&pp=15
fowen
Found a Program on xda developers to do it!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=41060
omega2008
Awesome...however I don't see a link to download it.
fowen
QUOTE (omega2008 @ Feb 17 2006, 07:16 PM) *
Awesome...however I don't see a link to download it.
On the xda-developers forum you must be a registered user to see/download any uploaded files.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.