Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "This Device is Locked. Enter Your Device Password
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > HTC Hurricane, Robbie & Tornado
stejimenez
Hello Everyone:

Im a newbe, and bought a SPVC550 Phone on Ebay, It was Used and Sold as It is... The thing is that when the phone starts up with my orange dr SIM it enters the network but the screen iths gray and says unlock on the lower left corner.

When I press the unlock soft key it reads:
"This Device is Locked.
Enter Your Device
Password and press the
Unlock softkey"

I have tried everithing i have found over the internet... i have even tried paying for unlocking it on some site... but this happen to network unlock it... It appears it was already unlocked...

I do receive calls... but cannot do anything because of the "unlock" sign over the left softkey of the screen.

How can I Get it out of this Screen...

Best Regards,

Sterling
Dominican Republic
smeg36
It sounds like the phone was either locked by the owner, and they forgot to turn the lock off (you could try asking the person you bought it from if they know the lock code), or it was stolen. If the person you purchased it from can't give you the unlock code, they probably stole it. I would try hard resetting and if that doesn't work reflashing the ROM.
stejimenez
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jan 16 2006, 12:47 AM)
It sounds like the phone was either locked by the owner, and they forgot to turn the lock off (you could try asking the person you bought it from if they know the lock code), or it was stolen.  If the person you purchased it from can't give you the unlock code, they probably stole it.  I would try hard resetting and if that doesn't work reflashing the ROM.

Did a hard reset and the phone apears right... the only thing I notice is that the PIN 2 opion says : Change PIN2 , instead of "Set PIN2" like is on PIN1.

Best Regards,

S. Jimenez
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.