Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HTC Wizard Pocket PC Phone
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > HTC Phone Edition Devices
The Undude

I'm lead to believe the HTC Wizard "Squared-Edges" Version = Cingular 8125 -- can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone seen the HTC Wizard Pocket PC Phone on US soil, yet?
smeg36
That's the rumor. I'm pretty sure it is the square version. No, never seen one yet.
The Undude
As the owner of an SMT5600, this is the device I'm most interested in getting next -- having a keyboard is a "must-have" in my next device.

But the prices I'm seeing quoted for on websites for Wizard-rebranded devices are just way too high for what this device is (IMHO). The value is not there. I could buy a Samsung 730i for hundreds of dollars less and get a faster processor with more capabilities. That's not right! :-)

So, I'll wait until: a) prices drop, or b ) my income raises!

I'm accepting new job applications now, if anyone has something... wink.gif
cortez
i'm not sure what the Cingular version looks like, but i'm diggin mine: Qtek 9100. you're right that these "toys" are kinda pricey right now. once I got one and used it, price was no longer an issue. it's not the "perfect" device - yet, but it's very, very close in my opinion. i've had mine for a week and it's for sure a keeper. i'm using mine with T-Mobile and fortunately, i'm in an "EDGE" supported market. i've been experiencing very good performance with Pocket IE and i have to believe its due to EDGE. Wifi is great, too... right now i'm only using it at home...i'm anxious to see how well things work once i start traveling next week. bottom line: once you hold it (Qtek, I-Mate, 8125), you'll find a way to get it (read: finance your purchase!) :-)
omega2008
Looks like the price of the 8125 is going up to 599 w/o contract. Way to go Cingular......................
The Undude
oops!
The Undude
I have to believe Cingular has some information about Verizon pricing for the Q and the Treo 700w.

I suspect they think the Cingular 8125 device would compete with those devices. I'm not sure I agree with them.

So, if this is true, and the Cingular 8125 will be priced at around $599, maybe we can expect the Q and Treo 700w to be on one side and the other of that price too?

^^^^^^^
Scratch all this mumbo-jumbo - Now we know the Treo 700w pricing, we can hope Cingular 8125 will be cheaper than $299 "for qualified buyers."
The Undude
Sprint's Apache / PPC 6700 handset is priced at $599 too -- but there's an "instant saving" option cutting $150 of the price to bring it to $449.

Verizon just launched its version of this device and is calling it the VX6700 - but at better price.

"just like the Sprint version the XV6700 runs Windows Mobile 5.0 and has EV-DO, WiFi, Bluetooth, 64MB of RAM, 128MB of flash ROM, a miniSD memory card slot, a 1.3 megapixel digital camera, a 416MHz processor, a 2.8-inch, 320 x 240 LCD display, and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. Hits stores January 19th for $299.99 with a two-year service agreement."
FungFlex
If you want one of these phones today you should be able to order them from any radioshack with cingular, not 100% sure of the pricing but as a Radioshack employee I know for a fact they have the brochure which has its catalog # for ordering and it is an active item. The picture above was accurate and so was the pricing, I have heard no word yet as of any deals on pricing however.

Kyle

QUOTE (The Undude @ Jan 3 2006, 09:35 PM)
Sprint's Apache / PPC 6700 handset is priced at $599 too -- but there's an "instant saving" option cutting $150 of the price to bring it to $449. 
Verizon just launched its version of this device and is calling it the VX6700 - but at better price.

"just like the Sprint version the XV6700 runs Windows Mobile 5.0 and has EV-DO, WiFi, Bluetooth, 64MB of RAM, 128MB of flash ROM, a miniSD memory card slot, a 1.3 megapixel digital camera, a 416MHz processor, a 2.8-inch, 320 x 240 LCD display, and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. Hits stores January 19th for $299.99 with a two-year service agreement."
The Undude
QUOTE (FungFlex @ Jan 6 2006, 02:56 AM)
If you want one of these phones today you should be able to order them from any radioshack with cingular, not 100% sure of the pricing but as a Radioshack employee I know for a fact they have the brochure which has its catalog # for ordering and it is an active item.  The picture above was accurate and so was the pricing, I have heard no word yet as of any deals on pricing however.

Kyle

Great news. Are you able to share with us the catalog number?
The Undude
The Cingular 8125 is now for sale -- if you're a "business" customer.
Non "business" people may have to wait a two weeks...

And here are a few Cingular 8125 details to drool over...

Dimensions: 4.25 x 2.83 x 0.93 inches
Weight: 5.3 ounces
Battery Details: 1250 mAh Li-ion battery
Talk Time: up to 5 hours
Standby Time: up to 7 days
TI OMAP 850 200 MHz Processor
128MB RAM / 64MB ROM
Mobile versions of Microsoft software included: Outlook®, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint® and Internet Explorer
S/MIME support
Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC (will support upgrade to support Microsofts Messaging & Security Feature Pack when available)
Portfolio of corporate applications certified for use on the Cingular network - to learn more visit http://developer.cingular.com
Integrated sliding QWERTY Keyboard with backlight
Internal antenna with external antenna connector available
Voice
Voice memo
Voice recorder
Speakerphone
Voice commands
Voice dialing
Messaging
Email
Text Messaging
Instant Messaging
Multimedia Messaging
Messaging Applications, such as: GoodLink (sold separately), Xpress Mail™ (sold separately), ActiveSync, other 3rd-party applications, MSN® Hotmail and Instant Messenger.
Network & Connectivity
Technology: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 class 10 multi-slot
Integrated Bluetooth
Integrated Wi-Fi (802.11b)
Infrared
Mini-USB
Mini-SD
Organization
Alarm clock
Calculator
Contacts
Calendar
Phonebook
Task List
Microsoft Office Mobile (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Internet Explorer)
Display & Imaging
1.3 mega pixel camera with fixed lens, camcorder and flash support
Portrait and landscape display modes
2.8 inch QVGA 320 x 240
64K color
Sensitive TFT LCD touch screen
Personalization & Entertainment
Windows Media® Player 10 Mobile - MP3, audio & video streaming
Polyphonic and MP3 ringtones
Games
Downloadable themes: animated screensavers, wallpapers and ringtones
Included Accessories
1250 mAh Li-ion battery
Stereo headset
AC charger
Leather case with belt clip
USB sync cable
Stylus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.