Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2125 Menu displays letters instead of numbers
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > HTC Hurricane, Robbie & Tornado
FrogFighter
I have a problem that the Start Menu>Settings menus has letters in front of the options instead of the numbers. This is a problem because I like to use the numbers on the keypad to quickly choose the options. It's strange because the menus had numbers at first but then it changed to letters. Please help. sad.gif
muchomorek
can you please a post screen shot.
FrogFighter
QUOTE (muchomorek @ Dec 23 2005, 09:34 PM)
can you  please a post screen shot.

Sorry I'm kind of new. Is there a free software that I can use on the 2125 to get a screen shot?

To explain the problem until I figure out how to get a screen shot, the settings menu usually shows 1 phone, 2 sounds, 3 profiles... etc. Now it shows A phone, B sounds, and C profiles. I don't think I changed anything, but after getting the 3G SIM card activated at the Cingular store on Thurs night I don't see the numbers anymore. I don't think they are related but maybe one of you would know better.

Thanks
muchomorek
Screenshot taker : Smart SS

question:
have you changed the language on phone?
FrogFighter
I haven't changed the language settings. I'm not sure what happened.

Thanks for your help with SmartSS.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mkestu
QUOTE (FrogFighter @ Dec 24 2005, 01:31 AM)
I don't think I changed anything, but after getting the 3G SIM card activated at the Cingular store on Thurs night I don't see the numbers anymore. I don't think they are related but maybe one of you would know better.

Thanks

What does it do when you put your old SIM in?
FrogFighter
The old SIM card does the same thing.

What would cause this? Could there be an option in the registry that controls this option. I'm a little scared of messing around in the registry because I don't want to mess up the phone. Is there a site that I can find a list of what all of the registry options mean?
lopezpm
QUOTE (FrogFighter @ Dec 24 2005, 12:50 PM)
The old SIM card does the same thing.

What would cause this? Could there be an option in the registry that controls this option. I'm a little scared of messing around in the registry because I don't want to mess up the phone. Is there a site that I can find a list of what all of the registry options mean?

Do you have a lot of programs on it? I would sync it up and reset it back to new. I have no clue what could have done this though.
omega2008
I would definantly hard reset. Its going to be very hard to figure out what caused this and how to fix it.
FrogFighter
OK, thanks for trying to help.

I was making some changes to a facade xml and messed things up. It forced me to do a hard reset and everything is fine now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.