Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Erratic web browsing
> Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
Frogfoot
Hi all,
I have just got an MPx200 and when browsing the web using GPRS or using the internet passthrough option (using my DSL), all is well for a few minutes, then most web pages return the following error
"The Page you are looking for cannot be found", If i turn off the phone, then turn it back on, all is well again for a few more minutes. Has any one else noticed this? Is it a known bug with the Smartphone browser?

cheers
Tom
Bonzo
It's not a bug that I've heard of!!! And it's not something I've personally experienced but I guess start with the simple stuff first... have U emptied your history of visitied pages in PIE??? Because I've heard this can cause some strange things to happen as the history grows & memory reduces!!!
Frogfoot
That was the first thing I tried, however it made no difference
Thanks anyway
Tom
Bonzo
Oh well was worth a try I guess... the only time I have experienced anything like this is when the phone's connection manager script tries to log on using two simultaneous connections, (i.e. GPRS & Pass Thru), and it kind of ties itself up... so my next question would be in the Settings/Data Connections have U got the internet connection set to Automatic... if so just manually set it to Pass Thru Connector & try it then on your DSL line and see if that works
jtichenor
This problem just happened to me for the first time.. Argh!.. Rebooted the phone and it went away..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.