Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SMT 5600
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > HTC Typhoon & Feeler
DMack
I am having trouble deleting programs from my Audiovox SMT 5600. I tried the remove programs options in the settings. Phone tells me unable to delete. I also tried using Active Sync with phone connected to pc also no delete. Also tried file manager and the same, unable to delete file. Could some one please help? First post Thanks Dave
smeg36
What specific programs or files are you trying to delete? Did you try power cycling the phone and trying again? A power cycle can fix a lot of problems.
DMack
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 28 2005, 11:34 AM)
What specific programs or files are you trying to delete?  Did you try power cycling the phone and trying again?  A power cycle can fix a lot of problems.

I downloaded a program called Battery Pro. I tried to remove the program using the suggested methods and nothing worked. I do not know what a power cycle is. Please let me know. Have you heard of a Smartione program? Thanks for your help Dave
smeg36
Power cycle = turning the phone off and back on. If the program is one that turns on automatically when you turn the phone on, that could be why it isn't deleting. If possible, turn the settings in the program to start with the phone off, and try deleting it. You could also try killing all the running programs with your Task Manager, and seeing if you can remove it then.
DMack
Tanks I will try. Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.