Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bluetooth Activesync on Dell Truemobile 300
> Microsoft SmartPhones > HTC Typhoon & Feeler
stejimenez
OK... I have ActiveSync 4 and a internal BT Dell Truemobile 300 card.

I read this Tutorial for BT Activesync of Smartphones.

I have Created a Service on my machine with the serial port and configured activesync to use this port... but no luck...

This is the most difficult thing I've ever done... Nothing works...

Does Anyone Have an Specific Tutorial for the SMT5600???

Best Regards,

Sterling Jimenez
smeg36
I have used the guide muchomorek posted, and it always worked. Do the Dell cards use the MS BT stack or the Widcomm? I assume the MS if you are having so many problem. The Widcomm stack is much easier to setup connections.
stejimenez
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 19 2005, 10:45 AM)
I have used the guide muchomorek posted, and it always worked.  Do the Dell cards use the MS BT stack or the Widcomm?  I assume the MS if you are having so many problem.  The Widcomm stack is much easier to setup connections.

I Dont Know witch one dell uses... but I Have Found the Problem...

I have a Sony Clie.. witch I Already Had it Connected to a Virtual Com Port (Com 4) created by Bluetooth. When I create the Second port (Com 7) for the use of the SMT5600 the phone always use the first port (Com 4) instead of the new port I Create for It (Com 7).

How can I Configure the phone to use "It's" virtual port and not the "Clie" port.
I have found out it uses the first available not a fix one. That is beacause i have desabled the clie port (Com 4) and then the phone uses "It's" port (Com 7). I dont want t have to Disable and enable ports to sync the phone and the clie. My old SE T630 was much easier and better doing everithing by its own.

Frankly I'm thinking on Selling This phone... It is not as great as i thought

Best Regards,

Sterling
smeg36
It doesn't work if you try to use COM4 for both devices? I would set Activesync to COM4, and see if it will use it and sync without having to disable any ports. Since they are virtual COM ports, the port numbers shouldn't have to match up on the phone and the PC. I have my Activesync COM port set to COM5 because that is the COM port my PC has set as the Bluetooth Serial Port. Any device I connect to BT and use the serial service with will use COM5 on the PC. On my device however, the port is COM7. It still syncs no problem with all my devices on the PC set to use COM5.

I don't know if that made any sense to anyone, including myself, but that is how I have BT on my PC setup and it works no problem with multiple devices. Granted, I only use Windows Mobile.
stejimenez
Im actually using 2 different pots for my two devices... the problem is the phone and the clie only use the first of the ports opened.

Best Regards,

Sterling Jimenez
smeg36
Maybe it is because I'm using Windows Mobile devices, not two different mobile OSs, but you can't use 1 port for both devices? What I was trying to say was try using 1 port for both instead of 2 seperate ports. Does that not work?
stejimenez
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 20 2005, 10:51 PM)
Maybe it is because I'm using Windows Mobile devices, not two different mobile OSs, but you can't use 1 port for both devices?  What I was trying to say was try using 1 port for both instead of 2 seperate ports.  Does that not work?

No Ihave created 2 different ports and assigned a differnt port to each devce on the computer. the problem is that the devices always use the same port by themselves when i connect. The first open port.

Best regards,

Sterling
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.