Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SIM1 LOCK, default SIM1 unlock?
bostonbear
post Jan 25 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,933

dry.gif

I have been using my mpx220 for about a week now. To be honest, I miss my mpx200... I thought it was a better phone... but it didn't have 850MHz which was causing serious reception problems. Bluetooth is a bonus, but the 850MHz is why I switched.

Anyway, I want to use the SIM1 lock to lock my SIM card. On the mpx200, I just created my own 4 digit code and then any time I powered the phone up it would ask me for that code. Since the SIM card was under the battery, this made it impossible to steal the SIM card.

I tried to do the same on my mpx220 but it appears the SIM1 lock has already been entered... no it wasn't me and I have no idea what the code is. Thing is, I don't get prompted when I power up... so it must be some default code?!?! It's a Cingular SIM card. Anyone else ever encounter this?

As a side note... anyone know what SIM2 lock is used for?

Please please please don't respond with "Well, Cingular phones come locked... does anyone know if companies are selling unlock codes for mpx220s?" This has NOTHING to do with that topic.

I'm talking about settings->security->enable SIM lock

This post has been edited by bostonbear: Jan 25 2005, 12:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aadadams
post Jan 25 2005, 03:20 AM
Post #2

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 5,263

QUOTE (bostonbear @ Jan 24 2005, 06:47 PM)
dry.gif

I have been using my mpx220 for about a week now.  To be honest, I miss my mpx200... I thought it was a better phone... but it didn't have 850MHz which was causing serious reception problems.  Bluetooth is a bonus, but the 850MHz is why I switched.

Anyway, I want to use the SIM1 lock to lock my SIM card.  On the mpx200, I just created my own 4 digit code and then any time I powered the phone up it would ask me for that code.  Since the SIM card was under the battery, this made it impossible to steal the SIM card.

I tried to do the same on my mpx220 but it appears the SIM1 lock has already been entered... no it wasn't me and I have no idea what the code is.  Thing is, I don't get prompted when I power up... so it must be some default code?!?!  It's a Cingular SIM card.  Anyone else ever encounter this?

As a side note... anyone know what SIM2 lock is used for? 

Please please please don't respond with "Well, Cingular phones come locked... does anyone know if companies are selling unlock codes for mpx220s?"  This has NOTHING to do with that topic.

I'm talking about settings->security->enable SIM lock

SIM1=1111
SIM2=2222

If you get any errors STOP and contact Cingular.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bostonbear
post Jan 25 2005, 03:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,933

QUOTE (aadadams @ Jan 24 2005, 07:20 PM)
SIM1=1111
SIM2=2222

If you get any errors STOP and contact Cingular.

biggrin.gif

That did the trick! Thanks!

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Jan 25 2005, 04:41 AM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

FYI To All: Note that the instructions above say if that doesn't work then STOP! and Call Cingular. When dealing with any SIM1 or SIM2 codes, if you put the wrong thing in too many times (3 I belive) it will Fry your SIM rendering it permanently useless. You will have to get a new SIM card. I am not directing this at anyone person, but just as a general FYI...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
umcp
post Jan 28 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 75

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Jan 24 2005, 11:41 PM)
FYI To All: Note that the instructions above say if that doesn't work then STOP! and Call Cingular.  When dealing with any SIM1 or SIM2 codes, if you put the wrong thing in too many times (3 I belive) it will Fry your SIM rendering it permanently useless.  You will have to get a new SIM card.  I am not directing this at anyone person, but just as a general FYI...

after 3 times you can call cingular and get the PUK code to unlock it.

after that it will permanently lock you out of the sim.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:59 AM