IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winterface by VITO Technology released - FRESH LOOK at WINDOWS MOBILE INTERFACE, Free version of Winterface in PS
Konstantink
post Jul 7 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,037

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!
For more information contact:
Konstantin Kalinin
VITO Technology
Tel +7 905 9544145
konstantin@vitotechnology.com

Winterface – Cool & Fresh Breeze in the World of Windows Mobile Interface
Highly customizable Shell to improve standard WM interface

July 7, 2008 - VITO Technology releases Winterface - a major breakthrough in the world of Windows Mobile interface. Winterface is the Next Generation Shell for Windows Mobile comprising the options of a launcher, a task manager, and a multitude of Today plug-ins. Winterface gives the user unprecedented freedom to easily lay out interface exactly the way they like it.

As a shell Winterface removes the necessity to turn to default Windows Mobile interface: Today screen and Start menu. Winterface opens instantly whenever users draw a simple gesture on the screen. It allows users to have as many screens as they need and put on them icons for applications, settings and contacts.

Read the full press release here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jul 7 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator

Member No.: 1,609
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!
For more information contact:
Konstantin Kalinin
VITO Technology
Tel +7 905 9544145
konstantin@vitotechnology.com

Winterface – Cool & Fresh Breeze in the World of Windows Mobile Interface
Highly customizable Shell to improve standard WM interface

July 7, 2008 - VITO Technology releases Winterface - a major breakthrough in the world of Windows Mobile interface. Winterface is the Next Generation Shell for Windows Mobile comprising the options of a launcher, a task manager, and a multitude of Today plug-ins. Winterface gives the user unprecedented freedom to easily lay out interface exactly the way they like it.

As a shell Winterface removes the necessity to turn to default Windows Mobile interface: Today screen and Start menu. Winterface opens instantly whenever users draw a simple gesture on the screen. It allows users to have as many screens as they need and put on them icons for applications, settings and contacts.

The screens are flipped through with sliding finger gestures. The icons for such applications as phone, sms, email, battery, clock, calendar, memory, etc. - all show relevant information and thus replace a number of Today plug-ins.

As a launcher Winterface features one tap launch of any installed applications and settings. A tap on a contact icon opens a menu with contact details from where you can call, send text message, email, browse URL, etc.

As a task manager Winterface lets you easily switch between running applications. A fixed icon on the first screen lets users see running programs, switch between them or close them.

It is very convenient to organize icons on screens by a certain topic. Users can set up a screen with favorite contacts, a screen with most used applications, a screen with icons-indicators (battery, memory, calendar, clock, etc.), and so on, as far as their fantasy goes! Icons are easily moved on the screen and between screens by drag’n’drop gestures.

Winterface is available for $19.95 at Winterface - Next Generation Shell for your Windows Mobile device. There is also a free 14-day fully functional trial available as a cab or exe installer.

VITO Technology Inc. is known for its innovative products in the field of Windows Mobile and Symbian software, GPS navigation and custom projects. Introduced in this press-release Winterface is a next generation mobile shell for Windows Mobile touch screen devices.
###
© VITO Technology 2008. All rights reserved.
EDITORIAL COPY AVAILABLE upon REQUEST
Useful links:
Download desktop installer: http://iwindowsmobile.com/files/Winterface.exe
Download mobile (on-device) installer: http://iwindowsmobile.com/files/Winterface.cab
Program page: Winterface - Next Generation Shell for your Windows Mobile device

PS If you like this application, download it, try and post your comment, whatever it be: positive or negative. Then get in contact with me (use info from the title), tell me where you posted your comment and you will get a free copy of Winterface.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 7 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I am testing this out. Very nice. I like the running program shutdown feature, the slide lock and the easy icon control.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
slavito
post Jul 8 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,414

Testing on HTC 3450. Toushscreen feels more sensitive but wood be good to see the clock on screen.. Anyway I like it!

+Quote Post
slavito
post Jul 8 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,414

ooops.. sorry) clock shows when screen is blocked

+Quote Post
Konstantink
post Jul 11 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,037

And when nt blocked too. Just add a standard clock icon from settings - it shows the actual time.

+Quote Post
VitOl
post Jul 22 2008, 05:54 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 15,873

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We’ve got lots of wishes of how to make Winterface even better so we’ll try not to disappoint everybody’s expectations and work hard on improving Winterface.
By the way, VITO started its blog http://blog.iwindowsmobile.com, if you want to learn more about the application you are welcome to read extracts from different reviews on Winterface.
For our convinience it would be great if you post your ideas on improvement of the program there.

+Quote Post
Requiem
post Aug 13 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 16,494

QUOTE (Slacker @ Jul 7 2008, 09:44 PM) *
PS If you like this application, download it, try and post your comment, whatever it be: positive or negative. Then get in contact with me (use info from the title), tell me where you posted your comment and you will get a free copy of Winterface.

Great application! I really like the design, and the ability to rearrange all the icons. I would love a weather forecast though, HTC Diamond style smile.gif

A few other suggestions could be showing a slim bar at the top of the screen with network, battery, wlan and 3g status.

Maybe also make it possible to link directly to files (videos, documents and so on)

Also, try and cover all the phone needs in the program so you dont ever have to see the ugly windows mobile menus. They remind me to much about windows 98..

I have tried PointUI and Winterface so far, and i definatley prefer winterface, since it looks better, and generally feels better to use.

Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
javega8
post Aug 23 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 16,514

I tried out Winterface and have been using it for a couple of days now. I would give it a thumbs up and it was just want I was looking for. It easy and simple to use and work with. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something to spie up there PPC.

The things I would change would be adding color to the Winterface set program Icons.
I agree with Requiem about the a slim bar at the top of the screen with network, battery, wlan and 3g status.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:41 PM