Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Many of you veteran Verizon users may know that you can receive a text message sent from someone's email client to your "Verizon number" @vtext.com. I didn't know this until I recently wanted to set up text message alerts for my Ebay sales. I had forgot to change my old tmomail address at Ebay.

Your Verizon text email address is your 10 digit number XXXXXXXXXX@vtext.com. You can receive the test message from anyones email.

You can also send the text message from Verizons Verizon Vtext center. Your account charges apply for messages received. This is a simple and easy way to receive messages on the go from people that can't direct text message.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Dec 19 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,455
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: None
PMC: Creative Zen

QUOTE (abatis @ Nov 27 2005, 06:16 PM) *
Many of you veteran Verizon users may know that you can receive a text message sent from someone's email client to your "Verizon number" @vtext.com. I didn't know this until I recently wanted to set up text message alerts for my Ebay sales. I had forgot to change my old tmomail address at Ebay.

Your Verizon text email address is your 10 digit number XXXXXXXXXX@vtext.com. You can receive the test message from anyones email.

You can also send the text message from Verizons Verizon Vtext center. Your account charges apply for messages received. This is a simple and easy way to receive messages on the go from people that can't direct text message.

the reverse of this, sending an email via txt seemed to be very obscure information and i found it weeks after i had switched to verizon. the verizon sms gateway uses M-A-I-L (6245) how obvious is that? it works just like on gsm - stick the email address on the first line of the message. it's a hand trick to send an email message quickly using any cellphone...

--------------------
lonesome vzw smartphone user
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:12 AM