Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dash: Loosing email accounts after soft reset
freyes01
post Feb 15 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,900
Phone: Other

Almost every morning (I turn off my Dash everynight) one of my emails accounts (IMAP4) disappear from the list of my email accounts.

Then I set up the account again but had to use a different account name because when I tried to use the original account name I got an error message telling me that that name already exists.

I found this utility on the web that is suppose to fix the issue (http://nicolasmauri.blogspot.com/20...-lost-mail.html) but I don't want to run it everyday plus: "The account will be visible again in Outlook and you will have to set the input and output server because they will be empty."

Any idea on how to fix this issue?

The other accounts (POP, Hotmail) are fine, only IMAP keep disappearing.

P.S. I just switched from MDA to Dash and never had this problem with MDA (well only when I reset the phone)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Feb 18 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Sorry I can't offer any help, but thanks for the direction in this. On my 3125 I had a similiar issue, but it was only after a hard reset and recovery that my pop3 gmail accounts dissappeared. When I tried to put them back I could only do so with a different name. I was able to see them through Windows Messenger Live (Beta), but was not able to delete them. This program may just do the trick. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you to resolve your issue, thanks for helping resolve mine.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
freyes01
post Feb 26 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,900

I end up doing a hard reset and restoring an old backup. That solved my problem.

I'm glad that it worked out fine for you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:54 PM