Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UNLOCKING SAMSUNG SCHi600
Austiniter
post Mar 17 2004, 08:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,308

Anyone know how I might unlock my Samsung SCHi600? I'd like to switch it from Verizon to T-Mobile. Verizon wants to charge $79.95 for its Broadband service and/or $44.95 for its multi-sync functionality, which is rediculous. I heard that Cellphones Ltd (www.cellphonesltd.net) can unlock most phones, but I'm unable to get them to respond. Thanks, Austiniter (Austin, Texas)....yeah thanks Michael Dell for outsouring all the jobs to India![/b]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Mar 17 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I regret to inform you that T-Mobile operates on the GSM Network (needs a SIM card), and Verizon operates on a CDMA Network (No where for a SIM card in CDMA phones). It would not be possible for you to use your phone on T-Mobile. Honestly, I could be wrong, but I don't think that you can even unlock CDMA phones. I am not sure about the unlocking possibilities, but I am sure that there is no way for your phone to operate on any GSM network. Hope this helps, and sorry to bare the bad news...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
patag
post Mar 18 2004, 03:04 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,152

Exactly as gryph0n states, you cannot unlock your i600 to operate on another network. Do you realize that you can do everything on your i600 without the Express Network? It will use air time, not kbps. If you call Verizon, you can get Express Network for $45 unlimited, which is the fastest wireless access via cell phone right now. Additionally, Verizon will be rolling out broadband via cell, which will offer speeds up to 2 mbps. Not too shabby for $45 a month.

--------------------
patag
O2 XPhone Unlocked - AT&T
SCH-i600 - Verizon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:42 PM