IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 8525 email "invalid message recipients" error, Can't solve this POP3 mail error-only occurs on phone
needstuff
post Jun 27 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,273
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Other

All you great problem solvers out there can you help?

I have a 8525 on a Cingluar plan and have two POP3 mail accounts set up on the phone. All has been working perfectly fine until yesterday when one of the accounts (my own ISP provider satx.rr.com) stopped sending any emails from the phone. I t gives me this messgae from System Administrator "Invalid Message Recipients" "Your email to XXX could not be sent and has been moved to the Drafts folder." Is this a message from the phone its self as it does not have the usual ISP stuff that comes with a ISP server error notification. To date I have done the follwing:
  • Checked the servce status of the ISP
  • Waited 36hours to see if it was some strange DNS error on my ISP server.
  • Sent mail sucessfully from the same account on the ISP's web mail
  • Sent mail sucessfully from my laptop's Outlook (which routes all mail through my work exchange server)
  • Deleted the POP3 mail account on the phone and set it up again
  • Checked that I am not over quota on my ISP mail account

Any help is welcome!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 16 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Have you checked to see if your carrier stopped allowing SMTP from outside the network or changed the SMTP server address to an ASTMP?

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
needstuff
post Jul 16 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #3

Yes, thanks thats what I ended up doing - and it had changed - they said it was always that way but something on the ISP server changed! I now route it out through my work server and all is OK.

However: I have found this out - (please let me know if I have to move this to a new thread).

I do not let Active Sync "sync" my email due to it permanently deleting mail when I delete it on the phone but I still found mail getting permanently deleted from either the phone or PC when I permanently deleted from either one. In other words when I read an email on the phone and delete it I see it disappear from the PC by itself when I do another "send and receive" on the phone - its gone from thr PC mail box!

My tech support at the office did not believe this and was sure I had Active Sync for the email on - but I showed it to him. He came back later to say it was a function of the 8525 - strange I thought but that is what happens. SO even with Active Sync NOT syncing email, when I delete an email from the phone or the PC I loose it from the device I did not touch!

The mail on the phone is configured to use POP3 and the server uses Exchange 2000 (no push email)

So missing emails are now not a mystery but still a fact.

QUOTE (abatis @ Jul 16 2007, 03:52 PM) *
Have you checked to see if your carrier stopped allowing SMTP from outside the network or changed the SMTP server address to an ASTMP?

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 16 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

On your phone Outlook setup what does this screen say for Empty Deleted Items? Not sure if that is where the issue is or not. Perhaps set that to Manually and see if they disappear on the server.

Attached Image

Another thing to try is to just setup a Gmail.com account and use it
as the outgoing SMTP. The exchange server may be the issue.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
needstuff
post Jul 16 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #5

I have it set to "manual" and the mail "disappears only when I go into the deleted items folder and deltee it again. Now, appearently POP3 should keep a copy on my server (so that I still see it on my PC when I get to the office) but once deleted from the phone and after a phone "send and receive" and then a PC "send and receive" its gone!

This only happens on the work A/C and not my other two personal A/C which are also POP3 - so despite my tech support - I suspect it to be the work exchange server settings and not the "norm" for the 8525.

QUOTE (abatis @ Jul 16 2007, 04:34 PM) *
On your phone Outlook setup what does this screen say for Empty Deleted Items? Not sure if that is where the issue is or not. Perhaps set that to Manually and see if they disappear on the server.

Attached Image

Another thing to try is to just setup a Gmail.com account and use it
as the outgoing SMTP. The exchange server may be the issue.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 PM