Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SMT5600 Need Help!
aristweed
post Mar 2 2007, 05:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,138

HELP!!!!

My phone is stuck on the Windows Mobile Screen. I can't even hard reset.. I get to the press '0' screen, I press '0' and then I get the Audiovox screen, then onto the Windows Mobile Screen. I got the phone off eBay, no waranty and I don't even know who the provider is. I was told I need a ROM but everywhere I've checked the links are broken.

Can anyone PLLLEEEEZZZEEEE let me know where I can get a ROM and which method is the best way to install it. I can only hook up by USB in the Typhoon three-color screen (can't do Activesync).

Please HELP!!!!!!

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 2 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

How long have you left it on the Windows Mobile screen after the hard reset? It will take a little while to boot after a hard reset, but if it hasn't after about 10 minutes you have a problem. You do need to find a ROM to flash, but per the Forum Rules:

• No Firmware (ROM)

Do not post links to sites that host firmware files. Read More
Do not upload firmware to the forums.
Do not request or offer firmware to/from other members.
You are welcome to discuss firmware, installation, and general support concerns.

The best advice I can give is to search Google. Eventually you will find what you are looking for. You just need to be persistent with your search terms.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
aristweed
post Mar 6 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,138

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Mar 2 2007, 02:25 PM) *
How long have you left it on the Windows Mobile screen after the hard reset? It will take a little while to boot after a hard reset, but if it hasn't after about 10 minutes you have a problem. You do need to find a ROM to flash, but per the Forum Rules:
The best advice I can give is to search Google. Eventually you will find what you are looking for. You just need to be persistent with your search terms.

Thanks for the reply. I've left the phone on all night!

I've been searching for a ROM for ever, but if I had a file name *wink*, it may help my search.

Cheers,

Aris

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Mar 6 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Smartphone History has some good info about your phone and what ROMs are available. Then, I'd recommend xda-developers.com as a great source of info for all things ROM related.

Read as much as you can before you dive in though and learn from everyone else's mistakes before you make your own. Just because a ROM version is out there for your phone as it was deployed on another network does not necissarily mean it will (or, won't) work on yours.

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:35 AM