IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to fix your MPx200 when it will not charge....
oclp
post Jan 9 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,745

QUOTE (Toad @ Dec 2 2004, 05:16 AM)
If you're having problems charging your phone, before taking apart your phone, I would first suggest you go into engineering mode by dialing * #**364# and pressing the middle blue key, and then going to Options > Layer 1B > Force Charge.  Also, I would suggest sending your phone back to Motorola under warranty rather than taking it apart, as that would void your warranty.

Could someone else with WM2005 please test getting into engineering mode? It doesn't work for me, but then maybe I just don't know how to enter the space after the first asterisks in the string. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pkcheng
post Jan 9 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 10,877
Google Talk ID: PKC

My phone just cant get charge and my local motorola service center return the unit with remark: phone beyond repair..... sad.gif but thanks to all of your great ideas and i managed to bring back life to my MPX200.

i bridge the connection as i do not have the expertise to replace the fuse.

My unit is now re-birth for 3 days and everything just fine.. and it iis now with WM5.

+Quote Post
tiger2380
post Jan 11 2006, 04:36 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 8,135
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

How do i bridge the connection?

+Quote Post
shyne
post Jan 17 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 4,093

QUOTE (tiger2380 @ Jan 10 2006, 11:36 PM)
How do i bridge the connection?

can someone please show me how to do this. i am not familiar with circuitry sad.gif

+Quote Post
puiuflorinel
post Jan 18 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 11,043
Carrier: Orange

Anyone experiencing no keys backlight when this happend?
My MPX 200 won't charge and i have no key backlight, display backlight it is ok...
For the usual time when keys suppose to be illuminated, from the keys area is comming a weak buzz...
Any idea on how to solve those problems?

thnx

+Quote Post
hkfun2k6
post Jan 19 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 11,049
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

sad.gif

Hi guys thought i this was my answer but no go,here is my problem maybe you can help!

I HAVE AN MPX 200 THAT WILL ONLY CHARGE VIA USB CABLE-ALSO I AM UNABLE TO PUT PHONE IN FLASHING/UPGRADE MODE,FOR THE PC TO RECONISE THE PHONE!-TRIED ALL DIFFRENT KEYPRESSES+MORE.also does not charge via charger in mains!

I HAVE CHECKED THE FUSE THAT NORMALY GO-WHEN YOU CANNOT CHARGE-BUT THAT FUSE IS fine?AND FINE-ANY IDEAS?

all i wanna do is get windows to reconize the phone!so i can sync!if you can offer any help pls email to hkfun@ananzi.co.za

THNX
hkf

+Quote Post
tiger2380
post Jan 21 2006, 02:33 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 8,135
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

My phone will comes on, but it will not charge. Can the fuse still be the problem?

+Quote Post
kilroy
post Jan 21 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 11,070

Hi all

I registered just to post a reply to this topic!!

It worked. I also sent my mpx200 in to motorola to be repaired cause of not charging.
They sent it back and said beyond repair. I was using a make-shift charger that I could charge the battery on its own so I could continue using the phone.
Then I stumbled apon this post.
In this "lovely" (sarcastic tone) 3rd world south africa the particular size fuse is not available commercially, only the bigger sizes. So I bridged it with a wire.
It now charges.

hkfun2k6:
Try replacing the microUSB connector on the phone. I had the same problem a long while back and it was the connector, it wasnt making proper contact.

tiger2380:
It has to be the fuse.

It seems that the fuses get "touchy" after a few years and blows without there being an actual fault.

Oh as for the AC charger questions, I shorted out the voltage and measured the current and the charger also limits at 0.5A.

Now to upgrade to WM2005......

This post has been edited by kilroy: Jan 21 2006, 10:23 AM

+Quote Post
jomeyja
post Jan 28 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 8,466

I had that same problem, of not charging, and fixed it using the bridge procedure. It's charging now, thankfully, but I have another problem smile.gif. It's not finding the network. I'm getting an error, "No service". Could I have affected anything while soldering. I checked to make sure the antenna has a good contact, and I have tried a hard reset.

Any suggestion guys?

+Quote Post
jomeyja
post Jan 28 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 8,466

Don't worry guys problem fixed itself. Left it on for about half hour and it picked up the network.

+Quote Post
dptechno.com
post Jan 29 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 9,441

QUOTE (Firefly @ Dec 20 2005, 01:57 AM)
I also tried this fix...

Since I could not get hold of a replacement fuse, thought I would just bidge the connection.
Wasn't very easy since the solder was not holding to the contacts (maybe the soldering lead was not good enough) and took me a while to manage the bridging...
Boy, the fuse is damn small... and I am sure I touched some of the nearby components with the soldering iron...

But nonetheless, I put my phone for charging and it was charging!!!
I fully charged the phone... used it for the whole day without any problems...
set the alarm for the morning while I went to sleep...

morning I woke up to the faint noise from the phone which sounded like the noise of continuos firing of a small relay! and this started at exactly the time I had set the alarm to.

I checked the phone and RATS!!! the display would not come up.
I removed the battery and put it back... and the phone does not turn on again...
I haven't looked at tha state of the fuse bridge but I guess my phone is dead for good...

I have always had issues charging battery. someomes the unit will not respond when the battery runs super low. I bought extra batteries and an ext charger thinking it'll fix my problem. unfortunately it wasn't any good. plugging in a fresh battery would leave the unit unresponsive to poweron. I figure i'd do the fuse shorting. I got it opened but also broke one of the clip in the process. lowsy motorola clip design and use of brittle plastic, boo.

I found out that the fuse was perfectly fine so i was at a loss to the issue. i did however notice a battery on the other end of the PCB. removed it and placed it back in, reassembled the unit and bingo! it powered up and charges.

My thoughts are when the battery runs low and subsequently powers off, the unit is left at an unstable state, whatever the battery is keeping alive onboard (time and ???) it has caused the unit to not properly boot up and charge for me. This would explain why, in the past, my phone would randomly charge after leaving the unit alone for a long period of time without use.

+Quote Post
Sancho
post Jan 29 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 11,137
Carrier: T-Mobile

I also had to register just to leave this reply. Absolutely amazing. Great fix! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

I too just did the bridge as well. Man that was tiny . But, I was able to follow all the advice on this forum to get the phone open (especially the drawing with the two red lines and the reply about getting the tabs to release.), then about replacing the fuse and bridging the fuse ( I went with the bridge option) and I hope to find info about how to get the WM2005 next.

This was great, I bought htis phone on ebay and it would not charge. I di dan exchange and had to wait for another phone for about 2 weeks. Finally got the replacement and IT would not charge either. CRAZY!!! So, I have been going round and round with this PUNK (stanp2323 on ebay) and did not want to wait for another 2 weeks for a replacement. So, I went looking and, THANK GOODNESS, found this forum and had my phone working in no time.

Well off to find out about WM2005.

Later,
Sancho

P.S. I will be back, so if anybody has any question about how I did it, leave a reply and I will explain in further detail. Bye!

+Quote Post
vonkugel
post Feb 8 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 11,219
Carrier: o2

thanks for the tip, my phone lives again smile.gif

+Quote Post
FUBAR
post Feb 19 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 11,316

You saved my phone! I love you!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
kuicets
post Mar 25 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 11,606

@Toad,

Does ForceCharge ever end? Can this blow the battery?

This post has been edited by kuicets: Mar 25 2006, 03:03 PM

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Mar 27 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #56

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 9,763
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (shyne @ Jan 17 2006, 01:37 PM) *
can someone please show me how to do this. i am not familiar with circuitry sad.gif

wat or how do u bridge

+Quote Post
Alex
post Apr 4 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 11,657
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

QUOTE (bellers @ Nov 23 2005, 12:37 PM) *
Force charge works a treat m8. As Toad says and thanks to him for the tip.
I picked up a mpx200 on ebay uk sim locked to orange. The first thing I done of course was to flash upgrade the phone to win mobile 2003 to unlock it and get rid of all the orange stuff on it. But to my dismay the charge the battery held was awfull sad.gif (probably because I didnt make sure the phone was fully charged before I done the upgrade). So I tried the force charge thing that Toad suggested and also done a full reset (switch phone on while pressing the blue button) And volia! its now 30 hours since I done it and the battery i still at 90% charge! . Not a bad improvement from 4 hours max!

One word of warning. A full reset will clear all your personal settings to default. Things like your calendar entries, phone owner info, Internet settings will go back to default.

THe only thing I am now having problems with is getting the o2 GPRS internet working sad.gif anyone ?

I just want to thank to these gentlemen (Toad + bellers) because their solution worked perfectly well in my case. I upgraded my MPx200 to win mobile 2003 and after that the battery charge lasted only 4 to 5 hours with minimum use. The solution was the engineering mode > force charge > hard reset. The "force charge" alone did not work. Now the battery discharges at a rate of 1 % / hour with the phone switched on without calls or messages. With "normal" use lasts 24 hours easily. Big change from just 4 to 5 hours. Thanks !!.

+Quote Post
pcesario
post Jul 13 2006, 04:14 AM
Post #58

Member No.: 12,868

Well, just created this account to say youTHANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..... My smartphone is alive again.
I bypass the fuse. I'll charge it using only the usb port from my computer.

CU

Greetings from Argentina

+Quote Post
nicktgr15
post Jul 16 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 11,309

hi hi hi from another one who did it! smile.gif My mpx200 charges right now and i'm very happy after what i have done smile.gif I measured fuse's resistance, it was infinity. Then i made a short circuit with solder right over the fuse and i measured it , it was zero!Then my mpx200 was ready. smile.gif Notice: When i powered on my mpx200 i think that keyboard backlight was not working but after a while i rechecked and it was ok!
THANKS A LOT for the guide! Greetings from Greece.

--------------------
My creation. Project Olympus N.

http://www.geocities.com/olympus_project_n/

+Quote Post
gshegosh
post Aug 10 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 10,852

I have a question to the author of this thread.

Could You possibly suggest something that could be short-circuited in the phone?
My Mpx200 discharges after about 3-4 hours (it wasn't like this before, I've tried different batteries and hard resetting) and the battery also gets quite warm.

This post has been edited by gshegosh: Aug 10 2006, 11:09 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:47 AM