Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I was having trouble getting the MMS working on the SMT5600 with T-Mobile. I have it working so I thought I would pass it on.

1.Set up Start>Configurations>MMS Settings.Menu>New per the screenshot below. MMSC should read http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

2. Set Setting>Data Connections>Internet Connections to the wap.voicestream.com access point. I have internet2 but only wap worked for me to send and receive MMS message. Set the wap.voicestream to Internet as normal.
3. Go to MMS and send your own email or your telephone number a MMS messgae. It takes a few seconds to send. It also takes T-Mobile awhile to forward it on. I mean maybe minutes once they get it. That is it.
Just a note: Using the wap.voicestream.com access point has always worked the same as internet2 for me even doing laptop modem etc. I think T-Mo looks at what ports you are authorized for no matter what access point you use. However MMS seems asscoiated with the wap server.
4. Remember you may pay extra for MMS transmissions.

The attached ZIP includes an MMS set up CAB.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  T_MobileSMT.zip ( 5.25K ) Number of downloads: 2032

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Jan 7 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Yup wap has to be the trick, I have the exact same MMS setup but no success on internet3. I am going to take this info and run with it incase internet3 doesn't cut it for me (though from what you say I see no reason that it shouldn't work). Thanks for the great info, my wife is an MMS fanatic so I set her up on unlimited, but she needs someone to send them too so I guess I should have it working wink.gif

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
cstewart
post Jan 27 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

The link above appears to be inactive. Could you post the instructions again?

Charles

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Jan 27 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (cstewart @ Jan 27 2005, 02:39 PM)
The link above appears to be inactive. Could you post the instructions again?

Charles

The only thing that is missing is the screen shot which I am sure that Abatis will repost when he gets the chance. That link is not one to see instructions, but actually a step in the instructions as to what gets entered on your phone when you set up your MMS wink.gif

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
veblen
post May 26 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,915
Phone: HP iPAQ h6500
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have MMS set up exactly like this. I can send MMS just fine, and received MMS messages show up in my inbox...but I can't read them! I just see an 'Information' screen when I click on them, showing From, Subject, Size, and Received Time... but the message itself doesn't download. The right soft key says 'Download' but it is grayed out and doesn't download the message. Thoughts??

+Quote Post
baler1210
post Jun 3 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,975
Phone: SMT5600

Hey, this forum is great. I just switched from ATT to TMobile and I am trying to get this phone working. Now that it is unlocked, and I have downlaoded the CAB's, what do I do with them?

Thanks

+Quote Post
scottjk
post Jun 8 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,199
Phone: MPx200
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

QUOTE (baler1210 @ Jun 3 2005, 02:29 PM)
Hey, this forum is great.  I just switched from ATT to TMobile and I am trying to get this phone working.  Now that it is unlocked, and I have downlaoded the CAB's, what do I do with them?

Thanks

Transfer the CAB files to your handset. Using the file explorer within your handset to navigate to those files and then click on them to execute.

Scott

+Quote Post
nicwildeman
post Jun 13 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,088
PocketPC: Dell

OK, forgive me if this is a really stupid question, but the .zip file appears to have three Stuffit files - none of them will expand with the current version of Stuffit.

What to do? - and Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 13 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #9

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Nic,

transfer those 3 files(actually Cabs) to your smartphone via activesync (to the Smartphone/temp folder for example) and click on each with the enter key. The file will execute. Do a softreset and and you should be good to go.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
vcvishal
post Jul 14 2005, 04:16 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,384

Hey Thanks so much for this awesome post. I had a nokia 3650 and switched to the audiovox smt5600 which i think is brilliant. Only thing is tmobile which is my carrier did not carry it and had to buy an unlocked cingular one on ebay.
i managed to unlock it and was left scratching my head in wonder while talking multiple times to tmobile customer care until i came accross your post after which i could install the mms and gprs service... however, the problem i face after installing this is

1) I cant surf the net using IE all the time, It works in bits and pieces wonder why?? i have the 4.99 tzones connection and connecting to sites like pocket gmail and all takes time , cant even think of logging on to msn mobile , as it keeps saying unable to find network. is it a phone probem or tmobile problem, anyone know???

2) I wanna connect to MSN messenger that is providied with the phone, Which I cannot, IT again shows signing in and gives the unable to find network error, funny thing is when i connect the phone to the computer via the uSb,and i try and connect to MSN It works... I guess the phone works thru the net connection thru my pc? would that be possible?

Anyways thanks for the time and the great job. any help is appreciated, pls email me at vcvishal@gmail.com with a reply if possible

thanks cool.gif smile.gif
vishal

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Jul 14 2005, 11:52 AM
Post #11

Site Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (vcvishal @ Jul 13 2005, 11:16 PM)
Hey Thanks so much for this awesome post. I had a nokia 3650 and switched to the audiovox smt5600 which i think is brilliant. Only thing is tmobile which is my carrier did not carry it and had to buy an unlocked cingular one on ebay.
i managed to unlock it and was left scratching my head in wonder while talking multiple times to tmobile customer care  until i came accross your post after which i could install the mms and gprs service... however, the problem i face after installing this is

1) I cant surf the net using IE all the time, It works in bits and pieces wonder why??  i have the 4.99 tzones connection and connecting to sites like pocket gmail and all takes time , cant even think of logging on to msn mobile , as it keeps saying unable to find network. is it a phone probem or tmobile problem, anyone know???

2) I wanna connect to MSN messenger that is providied with the phone, Which I cannot, IT again shows signing in and gives the unable to find network error, funny thing is when i connect the phone to the computer via the uSb,and i try and connect to MSN It works... I guess the phone works thru the net connection thru my pc? would that be possible?

Anyways thanks for the time and the great job. any help is appreciated, pls email me at vcvishal@gmail.com with a reply if possible

thanks  cool.gif smile.gif
vishal

Hate to tell you, but for Most people, the T-Zones plan just won't cut it. In most areas you will need the $19.99 unlimited data plan to be able to use the full capabilities of the net on your phone with T-Mobile.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post
smt-5600man
post Aug 3 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 9,514
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

how do you do a soft reset?
so if i have a unlocked cingular phone, and i have a t-mobile plan i can copy the cab onto my phone and it will set up all the setting to t-mobile.
thanks for the info

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Aug 3 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #13

Site Administrator
Group Icon

A soft reset is nothing more than a power cycle. Just turn your phone off and back on and you have just preformed a soft reset.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post
Saltyd33
post Aug 16 2005, 01:51 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 9,741

I have gone the rounds with T-Mobile Tech Support telling me that they cannot help me with the 5600 and MMS or Internet. I was pleased to see that others do have it working.

I was wondering, if I have downloaded the .cab files and installed them, is there any other settings or proceedures that need to take place? My MMS service no longer errors and says it can't connect, but it still isn't sending or receiving messages.

I am currently on the last day of waiting in the supposed 72 hour period it takes T-Mobile to activate their internet service on my phone to see if I can actually get the internet working.

I am sure that I must just have a setting that needs to be tweaked to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to e-mail any responses.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Aug 16 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #15

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Make sure they have MMS activated as well - it does not work unless they flip the switch for your account. The above CABs should have you working if service is on..

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Aug 16 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #16

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Yeah, I never had to set up anything or change anything, the cabs did it all for me. I suggest the 400AnyMessege bucket plan for $4.99.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post
Saltyd33
post Aug 17 2005, 04:42 PM
Post #17

Thanks so much for the help and advice.

I played with it long enough yesterday and finally got it going. I would feel a bit better if I knew exactly what it was that finally got it going, but for now I will rejoice in the fact that I can MMS and access the internet.

Thanks again!

+Quote Post
siglo
post Aug 19 2005, 04:55 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 9,786

QUOTE (Saltyd33 @ Aug 17 2005, 08:42 AM)
Thanks so much for the help and advice.

I played with it long enough yesterday and finally got it going.  I would feel a bit better if I knew exactly what it was that finally got it going, but for now I will rejoice in the fact that I can MMS and access the internet.

Thanks again!

What settings did you finally use to get t-mobile internet working?

+Quote Post
Saltyd33
post Aug 21 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (siglo @ Aug 19 2005, 10:55 AM)
What settings did you finally use to get t-mobile internet working?

I had downloaded and installed the .cab files from this link. I had also changed many settings manually referencing http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?showtopic=9404

After a while, I couldn't remember what I had tried and not tried. In the end, it was the installation of the .cab files and correcting the setting from within IE under menu\options\connections and changing this to "internet" that got the internet piece working.

+Quote Post
xpisme
post Sep 26 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 10,114

QUOTE (abatis @ Jun 13 2005, 02:36 AM)
transfer those 3 files(actually Cabs) to your smartphone via activesync (to the Smartphone/temp folder for example) and click on each with the enter key. The file will execute. Do a softreset and and you should be good to go.

I've run all 3 cab files. After I reboot, the welcome screen (after the audiovox screen) shows TMobile and when I make a call, it shows TMobile logo on the top; so that's all good.

However, on the Home screen (one with the Start & Contacts button), it's still showing Cingular (the phone was from AT&T, after I unlock and put in my TMobile SIM, it shows Cingular biggrin.gif). Does anyone know why my HOme screen still showing Cingular and how to get rid of it?

Thanks,

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:50 PM