Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Verizon carrier - Internet connection
yaberl
post Mar 31 2004, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,518

I purchased the samsung I600 a week ago. I signed up for the PDA/Smartphone Unlimited service for $44.99/month.

I am not convinced I need the unlimited service. I am looking to reduce my monthly costs staying with verizon.

I have not fouind the Web browsing to be that attractive for my purposes however, I am still evaluating that feature. If you have any thoughts on browsing I would welcome your comments. I do find that sending and receiving email is worthwhile for myself. I could use webmail but I prefer pop3 or imap methods.

My question is: Should I stay with my current plan or go to the PDA/Smartphone 5 MB verizon plan for $24.99 or drop both and go with the minutes only way. I currently have the 800 minutes plan and I usually have plently of minutes to spare each month. If you suggest the minutes only way could you tell me how that works and the plus and minus of the minutes method. Such as is it http only requiring the use of webmail and how would syncing work. Thanks for your input.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yaberl
post Apr 1 2004, 07:18 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,518

Well I made a decision to go with using minutes. I called verizon a few times. I received answers like minutes only allows for a slower connection and http only connection and a charge of $6.95 / month for that access.
Yesterday I was told that if I go to minutes only use that i would get the same speed as before and the same service. I would be using my minutes to connect. This last information seems to agree with other information on other forums. I should note that I got what I think is the correct information from the second teir technical help. People at the store and regular customer service though helpful were missed informed apparently. Verizon has been helpful however throughout this informational gathering process.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:20 PM