IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AT&T is back!, Charging for phone calls that never connected.
runningtiger
post Apr 19 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

mad.gif
I had to deal with them today and am not pleased with the outcome. If you've read my posts you probably know I have a pay as you go plan. When I end a call a little notification comes up that says that phone call cost you $x.xx. Over the course of one hour today, I made three calls that were not answered and each time I hung up before it went to voicemail. Each time I was notified I was charged 1 minute for the call. So, 3 minutes of charges when I never connected to anybody!?!

I called and asked and was told if you "ring" another phone for more than 30 seconds they charge for one minute even if the call never connected. I told them there was a four-letter word for that. I don't know if it's new policy since ATT is back, but I don't recall this issue before. That doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't there though. I just don't remember this ever happening.

I find it extremely petty. It's not the amount of money, it's the principle!

I'm curious to know if they do this on post-paid accounts too? Also, are other providers doing this too? Or, is AT&T just special? dry.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:46 AM