post Apr 30 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

All my ringtones are in the wma format and saved in \Storage\Application Data\Sounds, but they won't ring as assigned. The only ring I get is my regular ring tone which is also a wma file in the exact same folder.

Any ideas what's going on?

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post May 2 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

disregard...personal ringtones are alive and well

Today was my first day back to work after changing the rom on my phone over the weekend. So, I noticed personalized ringtones were working for all but the one entry that I tested over the weekend. Figures, right?

So, what happened was I had a double entry in my phonebook. I'd read awhile back that EMTs and other emergency personnel were trying to get people to list in their cell phone directory an ICE number which stands for IN CASE of EMERGENCY. They were saying most people carry a cell phone with tons of phone numbers but emergency personnel don't necessarily know who to call if you can't speak and tell them. So, I did this and ended up having a regular full listing for my ICE that included all their numbers and is listed under their name. Then I had the actual ICE listing which was just their name and best contact number. Two separate listings is a hold over from my previous phone that did not have an advanced phonebook like this phone does. I just didn't think to change it when I loaded my contacts into this phone.

What was happening was the phone was recognizing the incoming call as the ICE listing which didn't have a custom ringtone attached. I noticed what was happening today and deleted the double listing and it works just fine now.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:13 AM