IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help tethering a 2125 to a PPC via bluetooth...
mbranscum
post Feb 20 2006, 02:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,199

I know this has been discussed before but with the WM5 I wasn't sure if anything was different. I'm not new to tethering. I have succesfully linked several phones to my HP2215 PPC but I have NEVER been successful tethering a Windows Mobile device to it. I have been successful using he 2125 with my laptop via a USB port. I can LINK to the PPC but can't get the modem to talk to it so I can surf. Can anyone please give me a detail instruction or point me to a place that has one???

EDIT: When I go to Start-->Accesories-->Modem Link I only have USB and Infared options.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by mbranscum: Feb 20 2006, 03:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 20 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

You should be able to setup the modem from your PPC. When you pair the two the phone should automatically add a DUN profile. Then when you setup the dialup connection you want (I don't know exactly how to do this with Cingular, but with T-Mobile the dialup number was *99#) by creating a new connection, Bluetooth Modem should be an option of which modem to use. You don't need to bother with the Modem Link software on the phone at all.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
mbranscum
post Feb 20 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #3

Thanks. I'll give that a try again. I have been able to pair Nokia Symbian phones, my V3 abd others with no problems. For some reason I just never have been able to get a Smartphone to work. If you don't need to enable the modem on the phone end, why is it necessary to do it when using the USB port connection???

Thanks!

This post has been edited by mbranscum: Feb 20 2006, 10:47 PM

+Quote Post
mbranscum
post Feb 21 2006, 03:40 AM
Post #4

OK...I was successful setting up my profile and tethering. The problem I'm havong now is this...the modem spped of the 2125 while tethering is noticebly slower than the Nokia 6230 or SE w600i using the same settings on the same PPC. My Razr with GPRS connection seems as fast while connected to the PPC.

Any ideas???? sad.gif

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 21 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

What is the dialup connection number you're calling? I wonder if it is a different number/username/password for EDGE than GPRS. I know with Verizon the EVDO username is different and you have to use it if you want to get the EVDO speeds. Sorry I can't help much, I've never had Cingular service.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:26 PM