IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blackjack & Bluetooth Questions (RANDOM)
BlackJackMax
post Nov 2 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,889
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: o2
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Creative

I'd like to be able to listen to the music on my blackjack without using a wired pair of headphones. With that, I'd like to use one of those snazzy new wireless EDO Stereo Bluetooth Headsets. On my girlfriends relatively new Samsung has an option in Media Player that says something to the effect of, 'Listen to music via bluetooth headset'. I don't see that anywhere on my Blackjack.

I just don't want get a pair of expensive bluetooth headsets, only to find out I can't listen to my Windows Media Player music via the headset.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 2 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

The Blackjack does support the A2DP profile, which is what is required to listen to music over BT in stereo. When you go to pair the headphones you should get the option to use them as Wireless Stereo. Select that, then start listening to music. It should be going through the headphones.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
BlackJackMax
post Nov 5 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #3

Ok sweet! Thanks, I didn't get them yet, but now I know that when I do, they'll work.

+Quote Post
BlackJackMax
post Nov 7 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #4

Does anyone have any input as to the best all around Bluetooth stereo headsets? I like the Motorola S9, but I'd like to see what other devices people are using and what they think of them, especially if they have any regrets about them!

Thx!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 7 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I've used a few myself, and think the Moto S9 is the best I've tried. It's a great size, is comfortable, and has decent sound. I also have a set of Cables Unlimited headphones that Tiger Direct used to carry. They also work well, but are earbuds with cabled that go to the bluetooth clip. The Moto HT820 were pretty terrible, mostly because of their unsightly size. One I'm really interested in is the new Plantronics Voyager 855 headset/phones. Very interesting concept.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
BlackJackMax
post Nov 7 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Nov 7 2007, 06:31 PM) *
I've used a few myself, and think the Moto S9 is the best I've tried. It's a great size, is comfortable, and has decent sound. I also have a set of Cables Unlimited headphones that Tiger Direct used to carry. They also work well, but are earbuds with cabled that go to the bluetooth clip. The Moto HT820 were pretty terrible, mostly because of their unsightly size. One I'm really interested in is the new Plantronics Voyager 855 headset/phones. Very interesting concept.

Thanks for the input Smeg! Yeah..you know when you have your heart set on a piece of tech (ie Motorola S9) it's pretty difficult to get your head around it unless you hear something REALLY bad about it. But yeah, they look like the most promising candidate to me.

Here in Ireland with the carrier O2, they don't have unlimited data options like in the US. So if I'm surfing the internet on my phone, I'm getting charged 1 Euro cent per kilobyte! So...say loading a simple page 100-200 kb (approx) and thats about 2 Euro dollars which is equal to about 3 US dollars! Yeah...due to this, I've been looking for other uses for my beautiful Blackjack. With all this said...I don't use the internet much. In the states, I used mainly the internet, and not the organization, calendar, etc. stuff. Now, it's the polar opposite. I have all my classes, timetables, assignments in the planner on my Mac and the Blackjack...it's awesome. (Sorry, I guess I'm new to the whole mobile productivity stuff!)

I don't really miss the internet, and the newly found ability for me to sync my MacBook with my Blackjack via some software (MissingSync) has me more interested in my phone now, more than ever!

Anyways, I'm rambling...but as always, thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:58 AM