Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Am I doing something wrong with this. I have everything set up to use my 6315 as a Bluetooth GPRS modem for my laptop, but I have some issues. I am able to connect, but at random times the phone will drop the connection (gprs, not BT the bluetooth will remain connected, and the computer thinks it is still connected to the net though no packets will be recieved). It happens at random times, like when I access a website, sign in to something, etc. The longest connection I have maintained is about 15 minutes before the phone alerts me that the connection has been dropped. I have attempted to put the T-Mobile modem strings in the modem properties in the device manager, but that only results in a hardware error. I have also attempted connection with Norton Internet Security disabled as well as the XP (SP2) firewall disabled, but this doesn't change anything, same end result. I am using the unlimited data plan (with VPN) which is internet3.voicestream.com. If anyone can shed some light on this I will be very thankful.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:19 PM