Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mystery icon
randalllewis
post Mar 9 2004, 02:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 877

I just switched smartphones from the MPX200 to the i600. The Title Bar on my Home Screen on the Samsung is displaying an icon I've not seen before and can't find in the manual. It is left of center and looks like a phone handset with an unlocked padlock above it. I've played with the lock keypad and lock device options and that doesn't change it. Obviously, it doesn't hurt anything, I am just curious if anyone has seen this and knows what it means.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
patag
post Mar 9 2004, 04:24 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,152

I'm pretty sure the icon you are talking about is the Radio On/Off icon. If you press the top button on the right hand side of your phone, it will bring up the Quick List menu. Option 3 (at least on my phone) is Radio on or Radio off. Changing that option will make that specific icon appear / disappear.

patag

+Quote Post
randalllewis
post Mar 9 2004, 05:53 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 877

Yep. That seems to be it. Thanks. I don't know why Samsung couldn't have included something that basic in the manual. My MPx200 didn't use an icon for that feature but merely put an "x" near the reception symbol when you turned off the radio or "airplane mode' as they called it.

+Quote Post
bvondane
post Dec 7 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,120

I saw that too... I think it means the phone is unlocked... try locking it and see if the icon changes...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:43 PM