post Nov 8 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,058
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

I have the old version of the T-Mobile SDA. http://www.smartphonehistory.com/specs.php?UID=17

And it's completely screwed up dry.gif when somebody calls me it hangs up itself, sometimes when I look at the phone I can have 15missed calls. My friend tell me when they call me the phone hangs up itself, and they can only reach me after 5 tries. Somethimes the phone takes the call itselt even me not knowing it, and then everybody tells me that they heard what I was speaking about (the phone took the call itself)

Then the other problem is when I call somebody the phone starts to move throught folders itself, I dial the number and it starts to make all crazy things, go to open call history, closes it. Opens SMS messages, closes them etc... When I look at the screen everything is opening and closing.

Tried to make the hard reset but it didn't help, maybe the windows is faulty and I should try and reinstall it? mellow.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 8 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I'd try updating the ROM from here and see if that does anything. If not, it's probably a hardware problem.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Nov 10 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Nov 8 2006, 06:55 PM) *
I'd try updating the ROM from here and see if that does anything. If not, it's probably a hardware problem.

Thanks mate! That helped and everything seems to be working fine now! CHEERS smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 10 2006, 02:44 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Great, glad to hear it! I was worried it was a hardware problem, but you can never really tell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Nov 13 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Glad to see that everything is once again working the way it should be now, but that is about the strangest problem that I have seen in a long time. Good to know that there is a somewhat simple fix tho.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Nov 15 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Nov 13 2006, 06:33 AM) *
Glad to see that everything is once again working the way it should be now, but that is about the strangest problem that I have seen in a long time. Good to know that there is a somewhat simple fix tho.

Damn, it think I shouted too early blink.gif the problem is back mad.gif maybe installing windows 2005 would help?

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Nov 25 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #7

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 8,753
Phone: Blackjack
PocketPC: Dell

You mean the original Windows Mobile 5.0 it came with? That wouldn't be an update. Not sure you have done this already but did you try a hard reset?

If it still doesn't work, then just sell for scraps and get another one. No use frustrating over this. Besides, what if you there is an emergency phone call and your phone won't work the right way?

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Dec 20 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (SkippyTheNurse @ Nov 25 2006, 02:33 AM) *
You mean the original Windows Mobile 5.0 it came with? That wouldn't be an update. Not sure you have done this already but did you try a hard reset?

If it still doesn't work, then just sell for scraps and get another one. No use frustrating over this. Besides, what if you there is an emergency phone call and your phone won't work the right way?

I thought installing a fresh copy of windows mobile 5.0 Maybe that would solve the problem? How do I install the new windows anyway?

I have tried to do a hard reset.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 21 2006, 03:34 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

I don't think there is a version of WM5 for the older SDA. The version I linked to earlier in this thread is the newest OS available for your phone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 21 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #10

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (SkippyTheNurse @ Nov 24 2006, 04:33 PM) *
Smeg beat me to it. I was going to mention Funky's SDA is the older euro-SDA that I believe is a wm2003se device.

If the ROM Smeg pointed you to earlier didn't work I don't think there's anything else to do. Have you tried finding and installing any of the newer ROMs (T-Mo USA, i-mate, Cingular 8125). I don't know if it'd work, but it seems you're running out of options. I've never flashed my i-mate so I don't know how it's done - but I know it can be done. There are people running their T-mo SDA on i-mate's ROM and visa versa. Doesn't mean it'll work for you. Those phone's I just mentioned are of the same era, whereas yours is not.

Here's a download for the Cingular 2125:
http://www.htcamerica.net/support/2125/sof...-downloads.html

I looked, and the same site does not have anything for the SDA - and they used to. I had it bookmarked, but it's a dead end now. Google and I'm sure you'll find something for an SDA specifically.

Anyway, it's a start. I don't know if it'll get you anywhere. <fingers crossed> Standard warnings here...trying this could kill/brick your phone. So, proceed at your own risk.

Good luck whatever you do!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Dec 21 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #11

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

You can't install cingular 2125 rom on a old T-mobile Sda / I-Mate SP3i/Qtek 8020.
here is a hint, google for HTC Typhoon or HTC Feeler/Sonata rom.

This post has been edited by muchomorek: Dec 21 2006, 07:25 AM

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 21 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #12

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Yes, I figured that'd be too good to be true. Glad someone who actually knows something about the subject gave you an idea to follow up on.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Dec 21 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #13

My phone is running currently on windows mobile 2003SE

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 22 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #14

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

I tried muchomorek's suggestion and found several sources very quickly.

I also found this, so be aware and careful:
"Because the only difference is in the two models is the shell design some users thought they could update their Typhoon devices with Feeler ROMs (and visa versa) This causes the phone to become unusable as the key difference is the way the controllers get their commands are different."

According to your own link above, your phone is the Sonata. Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 AM