post May 9 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,048
Phone: Other
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: Other

Its taken me a while to settle down as to what I use for a case for my Treo 700W....

My first choice was a krussell case that was like my previous one for my smt-5600. The problem with it, was the covering over the screen made using it very hard.

The next was a black rubber like sock which had a belt clip on it. We the belt clip part was a joke as it was clear it would not hold the weight of the unit and allowed it to move up and down as I walked.

I took the belt clip off and left the sock on it until I found something better. The sock itself is okay, but it moves around and picks up lint (it is black).

What I was looking for was a clip that would hold the phone face in, but still allow me to use some sort of case to protect the phone when I was just walking around with it in my hand.

Found it. Spring clip holster for Skinned Treo 700W
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?Page...PROD&ProdID=267

This is a plastic holder that holds the Treo face in (felt like cover inside) and can swivel in diffrent angles. The holder is a nice hinged clasp that is large enough to allow the Treo to be skinned or in my case. in a tight leather case...

The leather case which has not yet arrive is from Sena Cases... a leather skin case without the clip button.
http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=392
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Samsung Omnia i910 - Former Samsung SCH i760 (2gb MicroSD) - Former Treo700W user
USB720 WWan Device Rev. A for Remote WWAN Access.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 9 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I've triedthe Sena, and did a review on it in the review section. I'll be interested to hear your opinion on the Seidio. I've considered getting the skin and skin holster from them.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
krelvinaz
post May 10 2006, 06:19 AM
Post #3

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,048
Phone: Other
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: Other

The holster is great. Takes a tad bit getting used to the "hinge" at the top but that is why I like it so much. Unlike some where they use the SD slot as the clip area, the top hinge covers the entire SD slot area protecting it.

With the skin (I have a a black one). it fits well. I havent gotten the Sena case yet, but I am pretty sure it will fit in the same holster.

While the skin does offer some protection, it is very loose on the device and picks up lint. I don't like the idea of having the unit bare though so until I get the Sena case, I will continue to use the skin.

I've also gotten....

2400ma Battery (seidioonline)
Replacement back cover with reset hole (seidioonline)
Car Charger (seidioonline)
and a 4gb card which has not yet arrived (memorysea)

Funny thing, I've never had to use the reset button since I put the replacement cover on.

--------------------
Samsung Omnia i910 - Former Samsung SCH i760 (2gb MicroSD) - Former Treo700W user
USB720 WWan Device Rev. A for Remote WWAN Access.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:33 PM