lil14kid
post Sep 8 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,763
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: Alltel

I just got a new 2125 and i haved a mpx200 b4 so i kno how 2 use windows 2002 but wat should i kno good programs and any bugs suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 8 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

My first suggestion is always Sprite Backup. Even if you had it before, you'd have to get the new WM5 version. It can work with the QVGA screen as well. I'd check all the programs you already use to see if they have any updates for the nice QVGA screen. Most should.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Sep 9 2006, 03:03 AM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

A lot of the programs I was using before I had a wm5 device had updated versions. If they didn't, they just didn't fill up the screen, which may - or, may not - be OK. It depends on how bad you want to use it or, if there isn't a suitable replacement.

The one thing that did not work going from my wm2003se MPx220 to wm5 was the RJShortcut plugin for the homescreen.

I loaded my new wm5 phone up and all seemed to be going well. I used it all day long and it was great. I turned my phone off at the end of the day and when I tried to turn it on the next day it hung before it got to my homescreen. I had no idea why? sad.gif So, I hard-reset and loaded my phone up again. This time checking after I loaded each program that didn't have a wm5 update. All went well! So, I used it the rest of the day...turned it off...turned it back on the next morning and it hung. ohmy.gif So, I reloaded my phone AGAIN. This time stopping after EVERY program and it all worked great. What the...? huh.gif So, I added my homescreens and sounds last like I'd been doing all along. Turned off my phone and turned it back on. It hung. mad.gif

OK, so, I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. rolleyes.gif I RAN to Sprite and bought the wm5 version. Then, I sat down and loaded my phone in a sensible way (making backups after each successful step). This way I could always use the latest backup as a starting place. I started with things that weren't gonna change first (personal information etc) then started adding my programs. I finished...added my homescreen and finally it hit me...the problem was my homescreen. blink.gif More specifically RJShortcut. There hasn't been a wm5 update for that plugin yet. This one though, just about killed me!

Now, I'm not afraid to try new things 'cuz I can always use my Sprite backup and be back up and running in just a few minutes. I'd been a hold out...but this experience made a believer outta me!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Sep 9 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #4

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,753
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

Facade is a nice little program, it'll make good use of the small space of the homescreen. You'll just have to edit the XML so that it'll fit the QVGA screen.

Another program that i make good use of is Avantgo and AutoKeylock.

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Sep 9 2006, 04:21 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

QUOTE (SkippyTheNurse @ Sep 8 2006, 08:51 PM) *
Another program that i make good use of is Avantgo and AutoKeylock.
Excellent programs! I use both those too. Your new phone is capable of passing all the sounds it makes to a BT headset so you can listen to music this way. You'll need a free little app called BTAudioToggle to do it. Also, check out Google Maps and Opera Mini (free internet browser that lets you look at web pages that won't display on pIE so well). TCPMP is an excellent free program for listening to music, watching videos, viewing photos etc. Just posted on the front page news of this site today is a free app for copying and pasting. It's called "VitoCopyPaste". That is a very handy program to have!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:11 PM