Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MPx220 Bluetooth ActiveSync Help!
mrbofus
post Oct 11 2004, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,240

I just bought my MPx220 from Best Buy for Cingular [my first MS Smartphone]. I'm very happy with it with a couple exceptions. I will post these under different subjects so the posts don't get too complicated.

This post is in regards to syncing with ActiveSync via Bluetooth. I have been unable to get this to work. I can sync via USB perfectly fine. However, if I try to sync via Bluetooth, nothing happens. I set the phone to use Bluetooth [in ActiveSync > Options > PC Settings > Advanced] and it recognizes my desktop computer, but when I tell it to sync via Bluetooth, it tries to connect, but does not succeed. I have paired my phone and desktop together, but I have been unable to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-William
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mbhelfman
post Oct 11 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #2

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 470

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/1679.html

Let me know if it works....

+Quote Post
rancyland
post Oct 11 2004, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 57

Ain't no Bluetooth Serial service in the MPX 220 - so wireless Active Sync is impossible - for now.
==
Randy

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Oct 12 2004, 02:41 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,021

My MPx220 is sync to my PC via BT right now, what seems to be the trouble? If the service is not available in the 220, why would the option to sync via IR & BT present?

+Quote Post
rancyland
post Oct 12 2004, 02:15 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 57

My MPx220 is sync to my PC via BT right now...

Fascinating - please share with us how you're doing it - you must be using Dial-Up Networking (one of only two Bluetooth services provided by the MPX 220) somehow, which is a more involved and less convenient process than ActiveSync via a Bluetooth Serial Port.

Inquiring minds want to know!
==
Randy

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Oct 12 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,021

Not meaning to be rude buty I'm short on time so I refer you to the discussion here:
http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/v...=asc&highlight=

I don't have DUN configured for the MPx220 and really have no need to at the moment, but I'll experiment with that when time permits. Good luck, glad now that someone else besides myself can confirm the workings of the BT & AS wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:34 PM