Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> iPAQ h6315 - Settings reset to defaults after soft reset
6315_user
post Dec 20 2004, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,365

I have been using an HP iPAQ h6315 (through T-Mobile service) for several months and am generally satisfied with its performance. However, one behavior of the unit I would like to modify is the following:

Whenever I perform a soft reset on the h6315, settings of my preferences, such as the Today screen wallpaper, items display, and ringer tone are set to the defaults (presumably T-Mobile's). Thus, anytime I perform a soft reset, I have to spend additional time to reset such preferences, which is quite aggravating.

Is there a way that I can stop this behavior of my settings preferences being reset to default settings when I perform a soft reset?

Thanks for your response.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qman
post Dec 20 2004, 01:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,624

WOW I had mine about the same but haven't experienced that type of behavior! Have you applied the T-Mobile update yet?

--------------------
Regards,
Qman...

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Dec 20 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I don't think the update will have any bareing on that, but it couldn't hurt to try it. The update was to fix GPRS email attachment and other email issues. You may want to back up, hard reset, then restore. That is very uncharactistic of this phone. If a hard reset doesn't fix it, then I would contact T-Mobile or HP on the issue because it really shouldn't be doing that...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
6315_user
post Dec 20 2004, 05:32 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,365

Thanks for your responses.

I have not installed the T-Mobile upgrade yet, although I plan to, but I also get the impression that does not apply to this behavior. When I spoke to a level 3 T-Mobile rep for support on another matter, she seemed to acknowledge this behavior as typical during soft resets (it has been doing this since the first usage). I think it has something to do with some standard start-up itmes and/or plug-ins (e.g., the Today screen is defaulted back to the T-Mobile wallpaper and the T-Mobile messaging item is added back to the list). I saw a post by a Qman (sp?) that seemed to touch on modifying such items in relation to soft resets.

Otherwise, I auto-back-up upon docking and have also performed a couple of hard resets for other matters as well. If I discover the fix, I'll post it, but I appreciate any other feedback of possible solutions, and maybe I'll talk to a T-Mobile tech again as well.

Thanks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:47 PM