Member No.: 1
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Nano
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: murphy dot sean at g mail dot com

Review by Fred Marulanda

I was extremely pleased to see that AT&T offered the MPx200. I immediately ordered the phone and less than 24 hours later I has received the phone via FedEx. I opened the box and followed the charging instructions to the letter. This is where all my troubled began.

The first incident was breaking the feeble slot for the SD card. Could Motorola's R&D not come up with a better solution that the very easily breakable SD card slot cover.

The next issue was that the phone included an older synchronization software 3.6 version. I does not work with Outlook Office XP version. I had to download version 3.71 from the Microsoft website. Why will they include older software and not advise the user? My next issue was with the battery life. I was charging the phone all night (12 hours) only to run out of battery within 4 hours. It got so bad that I would have to carry the charge cable everywhere I went after running out of battery several times.

I contacted Motorola support only for them to tell me that I had a defective phone and to contact AT&T for a replacement. Unfortunately I have been calling AT&T for the last 4 days and they can only say that their system is updating and I would have to wait for the system update to be completed.

The straw that broke this camels back was yesterday when the operating system literally "blew up". This is the precise answer I received from Motorola support. The phone does not boot up or run any applications what so ever. At this point my MPx200 does not work and I can not receive any assistance from AT&T! I had to regress to use my old Sony Ericsson T68I that I had laying around the house in the meantime. In closing although the phone is very impressive with tons of features beware! At this point in time I am considering weather to order a replacement MPx200 or order the Blackberry 7210.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:08 PM