mediaven
post Mar 16 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,876
Phone: iPAQ 6300
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

Here's one I haven't seen posted yet. I'm trying to empty the Deleted Items folder in my Outlook accounts. One is stuck on "Deleting items...", yet there are still 169 items in the folder! If I delete new items from the Inbox, they can be deleted from the DI folder -- only down to the 169 level. Would like to delete the folder completely and start over. Any idea how can I get these messages out of the folder and off my system?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kinggdogg
post Mar 16 2005, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,552
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Creative Zen

QUOTE (mediaven @ Mar 16 2005, 12:10 AM)
Here's one I haven't seen posted yet.  I'm trying to empty the Deleted Items folder in my Outlook accounts.  One is stuck on "Deleting items...", yet there are still 169 items in the folder!  If I delete new items from the Inbox, they can be deleted from the DI folder -- only down to the 169 level.  Would like to delete the folder completely and start over.  Any idea how can I get these messages out of the folder and off my system?

If it is an IMAP account, you could try deleting the account and reconfiguring.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Mar 16 2005, 06:53 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

QUOTE (mediaven @ Mar 15 2005, 07:10 PM)
Here's one I haven't seen posted yet.  I'm trying to empty the Deleted Items folder in my Outlook accounts.  One is stuck on "Deleting items...", yet there are still 169 items in the folder!  If I delete new items from the Inbox, they can be deleted from the DI folder -- only down to the 169 level.  Would like to delete the folder completely and start over.  Any idea how can I get these messages out of the folder and off my system?

I am working of 6month old memory here, but I am pretty sure that once you open the deleted items folder there is an option in one of the menus to clear folder. Look around in the menus while you are in the deleted items folder, and you may just find exactly what you are looking for...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
mediaven
post Mar 16 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,876
Phone: iPAQ 6300
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Mar 16 2005, 02:53 PM)
I am working of 6month old memory here, but I am pretty sure that once you open the deleted items folder there is an option in one of the menus to clear folder.  Look around in the menus while you are in the deleted items folder, and you may just find exactly what you are looking for...

Thanks for the quick response. It's a POP3 account. I tried to delete the files the way you suggest, but nothing would happen. Even tried to "clear" the account -- and cleared every message but the deleted ones. In the end, I deleted the account and started over fresh. Seemed to work (for now), but an unpleasant way to fix the problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:25 AM