Pigpaw3
post Jul 3 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,481
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None

I have two MPX200 chargers that put out 5volts and 450mA. My 8125 charger out put is 5volt also but
it produces 1 amp. Does anyone know if this difference in amperage makes a difference, hurts the battery or
phone. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 3 2006, 03:15 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

It shouldn't. With some minor exceptions, miniUSB devices should be able to use the chargers of other miniUSB devices. The nice thing about them being miniUSB is they have to comply to a certain range for a USB device. Some devices I've seen couldn't get enough power off another device's charger (SMT5600 using a MPx200 car charger), but it shouldn't cause any damage.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Jul 4 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525

As long as the voltage is the same your fine, however if the amprage is not large enough then you won't get anough power to charge the batter. NEVER use a charger that suplies more than the voltage the device requires that will certianly destroy your device.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
Pigpaw3
post Jul 5 2006, 03:40 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,481
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
PocketPC: None

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 2 2006, 11:15 PM) *
It shouldn't. With some minor exceptions, miniUSB devices should be able to use the chargers of other miniUSB devices. The nice thing about them being miniUSB is they have to comply to a certain range for a USB device. Some devices I've seen couldn't get enough power off another device's charger (SMT5600 using a MPx200 car charger), but it shouldn't cause any damage.

Thanks guys, I dont think Im going to use the MPX 200 wall charger (450 mA) when I need 1 Amp for the battery. But I have a Moto car charger (origional equip) that I think I will try. Its got a mini usb for the MPX 200 but it doesnt list the output. Also Ive been using a product called Charge 2 Go and its awsome!!. Takes a AA battery ( I use rechargable NI-MH) figures out what the phone battery needs and sucks the power out of the AA. It would take my MPX 200 from 20 percent to 100 percent. Side note, they dont sell Charge 2 Go with a mini usb so I had to cut into a different adapter and splice a mini usb wire onto it. Hard part was figuring out which mini usb wires were the two power and which were the two data. It was worth the work. Thanks again

+Quote Post
franman
post Jul 7 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #5

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 1,736
Phone: Cingular 8125
PocketPC: Other

I use my original MPX Wall charger as well as my car charger with NO PROBLEMS with my 8125... Interstingly enough, the MPX car charger would not charge my SMT5600 but the wall charger did?? Hmmm,, anyway.. they both work fine with my 8125.

--------------------
Franman
Westchester, NY
My Gadgets:
Cingular 8125 PPC, 1G MiniSD, Jabra BT500.
Jabra SP5050 Bt Speaker Phone
Backups:
SMT 5600 (unlocked) 512 MiniSD
MPX-200
Ipaq 3975 with Ivie IE-33 RTA
and Navman SE GPS Sleeve.
iPod Nano 4G

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:17 PM