IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using the SDA on AT&T Wireless AIM/ICQ/Yahoo, Using the SDA on AT&T Wireless AIM/ICQ/Yahoo
Tom Bishop
post Dec 13 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,081
Phone: iMate Smartflip
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None
PMC: Creative Zen

I just bought an T-Mobile SDA from a friend of mine and I have AT&T Wireless GSM Service. Almost everything works and I have done the WAP and GPRS stuff thats great and done with. Quick question. Can I use the built in AIM/ICQ/Yahoo Software that comes with the T-Mobile phone?? It just seems to time out. Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to get around it (legally)???

Thanks,
Tom Bishop
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 13 2006, 05:55 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I believe the software that comes with the phone uses SMS to transmit the IMs. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, SMS had nothing to do with your data settings. I personally like Agile Messenger to instant message with because it uses the data connection instead of SMS.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
jaward
post Mar 15 2007, 05:45 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,206
Phone: Palm Treo
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC

is anyone paying the 44.95 for the lifetime license of Agile Messenger? just curious...i am waiting for it to drop. i have tried a few others out there but i like Agile the best. anyone have any IM programs they like in addition to Agile?

+Quote Post
Justin_Bailey
post Mar 24 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 880

I'm using agile also. I have yet to pay for it.. but everytime I use it, it works fine, but if I log out and try to log in again it says to update. I hear that if you update you'll be set on a trial that'll expire, then you have to pay after the trial is over. I just reboot my phone and log on again, strange it doesn't prompt me for an update after that... =) a hassle, but I'm a bit tight on $$$ at the moment

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:58 PM