Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NO SIGNAL!
phess
post May 24 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,460

my mpx200 started having terrible signal loss about 2 weeks ago, nothing changed with the phone though. I have done a master reset, bought a signal booster, and searched around on here but have had NO luck. It will show I have one bar w/ cingular and I try to call my phone and it never rings. Its really getting bad, I need my phone for business purposes as well as personal and right now its very very unreliable. Does anyone have any suggestions to get a better signal. My band is also set to AUTO. Some places I have great signal but the majority I never see over 2 bars. I appreciate any replies. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post May 24 2005, 02:59 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Sorry that I can't offer any suggestions, but I felt that I would comment on this. I have noticed a trend with a lot of people on these forums and that my wife and I know around the DC area. There have been a lot of complaints about drop in signal strength across the board with all the GSM carriers, and I don't know how to explain it. I am seeing this in my house with T-Mobile, where I used to get 2-3 bars I am now getting 0-2 bars. Maybe it is time to start calling our providers and asking what is going on and why we are seeing a general decline in signal strengths. Just a thought and observation in general.

Normally in your case I would credit it to the lack of the 850 band on your phone, but you said you were fine a few weeks ago so that may not be the case.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
Zeckel
post May 26 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,314
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Alltel

Same here, my reception sucks now

+Quote Post
AcuraRBKG6
post May 26 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,623
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Other

If you have Cingular, then upon buying the MPx200, expect the signal strength to suck. BADLY. Maybe even unusably if you are in my side of the woods. Heck, even TDMA is getting phased out quick here.

What I did was just get T-Mobile on the prepaid plan and use that. I get reception even better than most other phones can! THIS I never expected from a Motorola.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post May 26 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

QUOTE (AcuraRBKG6 @ May 25 2005, 09:57 PM)
If you have Cingular, then upon buying the MPx200, expect the signal strength to suck. BADLY. Maybe even unusably if you are in my side of the woods. Heck, even TDMA is getting phased out quick here.

What I did was just get T-Mobile on the prepaid plan and use that. I get reception even better than most other phones can! THIS I never expected from a Motorola.

You can't blame Moto on this one, it is the fact that the phone was made for AT&T which at the time were using 1900 band. The phone lacks the 850 band which is what Cingular/AT&T now primarily uses...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
AcuraRBKG6
post May 28 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,623
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Other

What I don't understand is why market a phone at one specific band instead of just having a radio that can accept multiple frequency bands like they usually target? The NEC 525 was made for 1900 MHz operation, but it was still a quad-band phone...

But I guess you are right...AT&T has to specify which bands the hpone is going to operate on, so it was probably out of Motorola's purview.

+Quote Post
blink
post May 29 2005, 08:28 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,537
Carrier: Other

One more possible reason is.... software which we install. It's proved that some applications influence on phone's signal. Sometimes the only way out is to make Hard Reset

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:14 AM