post May 7 2007, 04:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,615
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Creative Zen

Hey guys. I was looking at the Dash and really liked the features that it came with. I have a few questions though...

I'm a Cingular user and here, it runs on the 850 mhz frequency. I was wondering if I were to unlock a Dash, would it work for me?

Also, I noticed that this phone has instant messaging like AIM. Say if I were to use AIM on this phone under Cingular's service, would I be charged the same as if I were to use AIM on a Cingular branded phone such as the BlackJack? The representatives at the Cingular store told me that Instant messages were charged like texts. Each incoming and outgoing message charges like a text. So I was wondering if it would be the same for the Dash.

Thanks guys.

Oh, and.. if I have this correct, WiFi allows me to surf the web and whatnot without having a data plan as long as I'm in a WiFi hotspot, correct? I don't intend on purchasing a data plan, so I figured it'd be nice if I still had the opportunity to surf the web and such.

Thanks again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post May 8 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

The T-mobile DASH is spec'd with GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 bands according mobilemedia.

WiFi works fine on free hotspots or home WiFi, otherwise you need to subscribe.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
rgrosse
post May 29 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,190
Phone: Blackjack
PocketPC: Dell

I can vouch for the Dash working on the Cingular network, if you decide to unlock your Dash. I used
imei-check.co.uk to unlock the phone, costs about $40.00 US. Very easy to do and worked like a charm.

Go to the Dash forums at Smartphone Thoughts and Howard forums to find the Cingular WAP and MMS settings.

As for using AIM I would do my due diligence and research the costs. Although I found this on the cingular support: (Sorry for the long link)

https://supportcingular.atgnow.com/cng/resu...%29%3F#Goto2200

All in all I am very happy with my Dash.

Regards

QUOTE (Mr.Binks @ May 7 2007, 12:25 AM) *
Hey guys. I was looking at the Dash and really liked the features that it came with. I have a few questions though...

I'm a Cingular user and here, it runs on the 850 mhz frequency. I was wondering if I were to unlock a Dash, would it work for me?

--------------------
Main: i730, Verizon
Backup: Dash on Cingular

+Quote Post
rgrosse
post May 29 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,190
Phone: Blackjack
PocketPC: Dell

I was a bit quick on the reply button. From the link you need to scroll down to the related topics note and click on the "How much does it cost to use Instant Messaging on my wireless phone? " link.

--------------------
Main: i730, Verizon
Backup: Dash on Cingular

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 PM