Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,623
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Other

I just ordered a HTC S620 and were wondering what programs and acessories you recommend?

--------------------
Phone(s): SPV C100; HP IPAQ 614; Q9; Nokia N95 8GB; HTC Advantage
PDA: Dell Axim X51v:
PMP(S): iPod Classic 160 GB; Ipod Shuffle 1G 1GB
Mobile acessories: Huawei E220; Novatell Wireless 3G cards; Stoaway Bluetooth keyboard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Mar 26 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

That's essentially the same phone as the T-Mo Dash. I don't know if it has the same issues with the volume bar but have noticed many Dash owners use a utility called "JogBar T-Mobile Dash - JogBar utility (SetJogBar)" Available here. You can download it for free, but they ask for $5 if you like it. Here's more info on it. I don't know if it's only for the DASH, or Excalibur too?

Other than that, you've got a SmartPhone and it depends how you intend to use it as to which apps you'll want. Is it going to be used for work mainly, or play? Or, both?

TCPMP is usually highly recommended for a media player if you find the built-in one not good enough. Everyone seems to have their favorite games, task managers, calendar and task management tools, calculators, mapping and search pages, browsers etc.

I highly recommend Xbar3 as a task manager, program launcher, easy shortcuts, etc. I haven't read how it does on your phone but it works great on mine. It's not free, but it's one of the few programs I've purchased and would buy it again. I rarely go into my start menu. Everything I use frequently has shortcuts or is in the launcher. It also give you cut & paste as well as a clock and a calendar + battery and RAM info from any screen with one button push.

Sprite backup is also a good backup/restore utility that if you ever NEED it you'll be glad you bought it.

If there's something specific you want to do, post that question and hopefully you'll get better info.

Have fun with your new phone! I look forward to reading what you think of it!!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Mar 26 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Forgot to mention accessories...a Bluetooth headset is a good add on or a MUST if you live in one of the municipalities making it illegal to use your phone in the car unless you are using a headset. Speaking of headsets, if you like listening to music then a good wired earphone + an adapter so you can use regular great quality stereo headphones with your phone if you find the included earbuds don't cut it.

Screen protectors and a case of some sort are good suggestions as well.

Again, it all boils down to how are YOU going to use YOUR phone.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
micaels
post Mar 27 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Mar 26 2007, 10:09 PM) *
Forgot to mention accessories...a Bluetooth headset is a good add on or a MUST if you live in one of the municipalities making it illegal to use your phone in the car unless you are using a headset. Speaking of headsets, if you like listening to music then a good wired earphone + an adapter so you can use regular great quality stereo headphones with your phone if you find the included earbuds don't cut it.

Screen protectors and a case of some sort are good suggestions as well.

Again, it all boils down to how are YOU going to use YOUR phone.

Heheh just ordered a bunch of acessories biggrin.gif headphone converter, screen protector and case for it from brando smile.gif Now I just need to find a good deal on a memory card for it. Thinking if I really need 2 gb or 1 gb. Runningtiger why did you get a 2gb card?

--------------------
Mobile acessories: Huawei E220; Novatell Wireless 3G cards; Stoaway Bluetooth keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Mar 27 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Music
Music
Music
smile.gif
and photos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
micaels
post Mar 28 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Mar 27 2007, 07:59 PM) *
Music
Music
Music
smile.gif
and photos.

Just ordered myself a 2gb card for my htc s620. Also my htc s620 is beautiful biggrin.gif Anyone want to see some pics?

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Mar 29 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #7

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Yes. I'd also like to see some photos taken with your s620's camera. And, how about the jog bar...is it the same on yours as T-Mo's DASH? I'm wondering if that little program makes the DASH operate like yours does out of the box OR if both phones are the same and can both benefit from the jog bar program?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:04 AM