IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mpx200 Dead after bad soft rewrite!, no vital signs!Help me pls!
Misujr
post Jul 6 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,781
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Vodafone
PocketPC: None
PMC: Other

I tried to update my phone to windows mobile 2005.My problem is that i took that windows from am chezeh site am it didn't have english instructiuns.I wrote to the phone only part3.img wich had 30 mb aproximately.It gave me that message that soft is fully wrote,but the phone didn't start!I've tied to take out the battery for 1 h and put it back after that am connect it to the charger am when i am connecting to the charger , the external display lights for 1 sec and turns off again.The PC doesn't recognise the phone.

What shouls i do?Please help Is my only phone and i love it!

HELP ME PLS! ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 6 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

After taking the batter out for a couple hours then putting it back in, does the PC recognize the phone when you hold the left direction on the d-pad? Usually if you leave the battery out for hours then put it back in you can start charging it. When it's charged your PC should be able to recognize it to reflash it.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Misujr
post Jul 6 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 6 2006, 08:08 PM) *
After taking the batter out for a couple hours then putting it back in, does the PC recognize the phone when you hold the left direction on the d-pad? Usually if you leave the battery out for hours then put it back in you can start charging it. When it's charged your PC should be able to recognize it to reflash it.

I tried it but the pc didn't reconize it,even if i am pressing first the left button and after the power button,the pc does not see it!And the battery doesn't charge at all.i left iy today for 10 hours and nothing at nall.the only sign is when i put the battery back and i connect the charger,the front LCD lights that blue light for less than a second and nothing else!

Any ideea?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 6 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

After having the battery out, plug the charger in and just let it sit. It may eventually start charging. If that still doesn't work, you may have a paperweight.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Misujr
post Jul 7 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 6 2006, 09:46 PM) *
After having the battery out, plug the charger in and just let it sit. It may eventually start charging. If that still doesn't work, you may have a paperweight.

I will try that!But what is a paperweight?

+Quote Post
awarner
post Jul 7 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #6

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Group: MGN Ultimate
Member No.: 1,721
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

Basically a "paperweight" is a dead phone.

Paperweight refers to the phone only having one use, to hold down papers on a desk to stop them from being blown away.

As you have not followed any guides for flashing to the dodgy WM5 I would be very surprised if you can bring your phone back to life.
Time to get a new one I'm afraid.

--------------------
awarner Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices & Staff Team Leader modaco.com
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
Nidza
post Jul 7 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #7

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 8,504
Phone: MPx220

It won't charge if it wasn't flashed properly, even turned off. Had same issue with WM5 with uncompatible SD card. Fortunately, had enough battery power left to reflesh WM2003 - which is better option then WM5 on MPx200.

Maybe you just don't have enough power in battery. Try charging it in another phone.

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Jul 8 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #8

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 11,102
Phone: SX66/PDA2k
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (Misujr @ Jul 6 2006, 08:55 AM) *
I tried to update my phone to windows mobile 2005.My problem is that i took that windows from am chezeh site am it didn't have english instructiuns.I wrote to the phone only part3.img wich had 30 mb aproximately.It gave me that message that soft is fully wrote,but the phone didn't start!I've tied to take out the battery for 1 h and put it back after that am connect it to the charger am when i am connecting to the charger , the external display lights for 1 sec and turns off again.The PC doesn't recognise the phone.

What shouls i do?Please help Is my only phone and i love it!

HELP ME PLS! ohmy.gif

If it will help you any I have a main board from an MPx200 that has a busted main LCD, I am pretty sure that the main board is still good but I have not tested it.

If you want to post your address I don't mind dropping a couple of stamps on it and sending it to you.

+Quote Post
Misujr
post Jul 10 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (ardec1 @ Jul 8 2006, 11:01 PM) *
If it will help you any I have a main board from an MPx200 that has a busted main LCD, I am pretty sure that the main board is still good but I have not tested it.

If you want to post your address I don't mind dropping a couple of stamps on it and sending it to you.

My e-mail adress is : misujr@yahoo.com

Please send me all what you think will help me!

Thanks in advance!

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Jul 10 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #10

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (Misujr @ Jul 10 2006, 08:42 AM) *
My e-mail adress is : misujr@yahoo.com

Please send me all what you think will help me!

Thanks in advance!

I am sorry but I can't mail a main board to an email address.
If you don't want to post your mailing address on the board, then PM me.

+Quote Post
Misujr
post Jul 10 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (ardec1 @ Jul 10 2006, 08:21 PM) *
I am sorry but I can't mail a main board to an email address.
If you don't want to post your mailing address on the board, then PM me.

I don't understand why you can not mail me but I SUCCEDED TO REFLASH MY PHONE THANKS TO ALL OF YOU
FOR YOUR SUPPORT!I charged the battery in another phone and after that my PC recognised my PHONE!

GUYS YOUR ARE THE BEST!

Thank you verry much!

RESPEKT for ALL OF YOU!

+Quote Post
Misujr
post Jul 10 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Nidza @ Jul 7 2006, 07:30 PM) *
It won't charge if it wasn't flashed properly, even turned off. Had same issue with WM5 with uncompatible SD card. Fortunately, had enough battery power left to reflesh WM2003 - which is better option then WM5 on MPx200.

Maybe you just don't have enough power in battery. Try charging it in another phone.

Thank you verry much!Your advice saved me and my poor phone!
Greetz!

+Quote Post
Nidza
post Jul 11 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #13

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 8,504
Phone: MPx220

Always glad to be helpful. Enjoy using MPx200, the best phone of it's time. smile.gif The phone reappeares as a ghost here, it is possible to buy full new device for 120€. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
panman75
post Jul 23 2006, 02:51 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 12,960

QUOTE (ardec1 @ Jul 8 2006, 04:01 PM) *

I just ran into the same problem. after part 3 of WM5, the phone does not boot at all, and now the PC does not recognize it as a modem either.

ardec1, I would really appreciate it if I can try that main board. I have PMed you my address in case it's still available. Thank you in advance.

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Jul 23 2006, 03:03 AM
Post #15

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (panman75 @ Jul 22 2006, 07:51 PM) *
I just ran into the same problem. after part 3 of WM5, the phone does not boot at all, and now the PC does not recognize it as a modem either.

ardec1, I would really appreciate it if I can try that main board. I have PMed you my address in case it's still available. Thank you in advance.

I just replied to your PM and it will be shipped this coming week by USPS Priority at no charge to you.

ardec1

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 23 2006, 06:25 AM
Post #16

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486

That's very generous of you ardec1! Very nice.

You wouldn't happen to have a dead (or, dieing) MPx220 laying around would you? laugh.gif I sure could use a ribbon cable - the one located in the hinge. I'd pay the shipping!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Jul 24 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #17

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jul 22 2006, 11:25 PM) *
That's very generous of you ardec1! Very nice.

You wouldn't happen to have a dead (or, dieing) MPx220 laying around would you? laugh.gif I sure could use a ribbon cable - the one located in the hinge. I'd pay the shipping!!! biggrin.gif

I am sorry, I don't have anything for the MPx220 around.
Have you tried asking on the MPx220 board?

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 24 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #18

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486

I haven't - but will. I mainly wanted to give you a pat on the back for your generosity so you'd know it didn't go unnoticed.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
panman75
post Jul 28 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 12,960

QUOTE (ardec1 @ Jul 22 2006, 11:03 PM) *
I just replied to your PM and it will be shipped this coming week by USPS Priority at no charge to you.

ardec1

I haven't received the board yet but I'd like to thank you publically in advance for your help. This is one of the nicest interactions I have had in any forums.

I will let you know how it goes. Thank you again!

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Aug 2 2006, 02:19 AM
Post #20

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (panman75 @ Jul 27 2006, 09:33 PM) *
I haven't received the board yet but I'd like to thank you publically in advance for your help. This is one of the nicest interactions I have had in any forums.

I will let you know how it goes. Thank you again!

I am really sorry but I am away on a contract job and I expect to return on 08/10/2006
As soon as I get back I wills end you the main board as promised.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:55 PM