mariano
post Nov 29 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,657
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to download the emails from outlook, but to tell the MPX200 to save them in the the SD CARD instead of the phone memory. I have lot's of emails and a 1 GB SD CARD that nowadays is empty (the only reason to bought it was for mail downloading). Can you please help? i see no options... maybe another software... i'm begining to be dissapointed of my phone sad.gif

Thanks a Lot.-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 29 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

There are no options to save email to the SD card. An email really takes up very little space unless there are large attachments on it though. A typical email only takes a couple kb of space. You could have thousands of them before they start taking up any large amount of phone memory.

If you do have a lot of large attachments, they can be stored on the SD with a registry hack. You can download the trial of Tweaks2k2 that performs many tweaks on your phone without requiring you to touch the registry. One of them is moving your Inbox (by this I think they mean attachments) to your SD.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
JakeArmitage
post Dec 5 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,994
PocketPC: Asus
MP3 Player: iPod Video
PMC: Other

Hi,

If you are running the WM5.0 O/S then your whole SD card is reported as storage. This means a lot more room for Outlook, etc. My phone reports 955mb available for storage.

You might try moving it in the registry. This one is to move your my documents folder to the SD card.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]
Mofify\Create the following:
String Bane: FileSyncPath Value: \SD Card\My Documents
Simply create a root folder on your storage card named: My Documents.

Hopefully this helps a bit. I sync my outlook to my phone but I only get my recent messages and I don't take my attachments.

+Quote Post
mariano
post Dec 20 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,657

Thank u both of u.
The thing is that I don't want to upgrade to WM5, there are so many bad reviews about it... so i prefer being in this more stable version.
About the thing of the post, it seems ok both answer (i believe that Tweaks do the trick for u, instead of touching the registry yourself).
I'm willing to touch the registry myself, and also i'm trying to download some "special" emails. What do i mean for special? Those mails you probably store in a pst folder in your outlook. Those mails you don't want to have in your inbox syncro (i also kept the last 2 days, so... what about if i want to keep a reference email from 2 weeks? i was thinking to have a folder that ALLWAYS synchronices with my mpx200. Do you haer about this?.
Thanks.
Mariano.-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:50 PM