IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I can't make any calls "unable to complete the call as dialled", Pleeeeeeeeze help!
aussieforgood
post Aug 24 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,248
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Other
Google Talk ID: aussieforgood

My brother gave me his MPx220 - which is still new and I'm experiencing a problem with it, I cant seem to be able to make any calls, even the free ones. My brother had no problem making calls with it but at the moment I can't make any calls. I do recieve calls and I can send out & recieve sms so I know the problem isn't from my provider, everytime I try to dial a number I get the "unable to complete the call as dialled" message, then next to the number (after the message dissapears) there's a tiny picture of a microphone with a red x next to it????? ohmy.gif I've tried rebooting my phone, taking the battery out and putting it back in again, and even using another sim card from a different provider but it doesn't seem to work. I still can't make any calls. I've looked through the settings,made sure call barring isn't activated, flight mode is off.... huh.gif WHAT IS WRONG! Is there anyone out there who can help sad.gif

--------------------
"It's easy to wear your heart on your sleeve when you're not looking in his eyes"

Grissom: It's sad isn't it Doc? Guys like us. A couple of middle aged men who have allowed thier work to consume thier lives. The only time we ever touch other people is when we're wearing our latex gloves. We wake up one day & realise that for 50 years we havent really lived at all. Then all of a sudden we get a second chance. Somebody young & beautiful shows up, somebody, we could care about. She offers us a new life with her, but we have a big decision to make, right? Because we have to risk everything we've worked for in order to have her. I couldn't do it. But you did. You risked it all. And she showed you a wonderful life didn't she. But then she took it away & gave it somebody else, and you were lost. So you took her life. You killed them both & now you have nothing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 24 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Where are you located and who is your provider? Do you have the correct country locale setup in the settings? It's possible you have the wrong country setup so the phone is automatically trying to dial the country code for a different country. That's really the only cause I could think of if you can receive calls.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
aussieforgood
post Aug 24 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,248
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Other
Google Talk ID: aussieforgood

I'm located in Jordan & my provider is Mobilecom, how do I fix my settings, I did add my country code but it didn't work. Any idea on how to help me?

--------------------
"It's easy to wear your heart on your sleeve when you're not looking in his eyes"

Grissom: It's sad isn't it Doc? Guys like us. A couple of middle aged men who have allowed thier work to consume thier lives. The only time we ever touch other people is when we're wearing our latex gloves. We wake up one day & realise that for 50 years we havent really lived at all. Then all of a sudden we get a second chance. Somebody young & beautiful shows up, somebody, we could care about. She offers us a new life with her, but we have a big decision to make, right? Because we have to risk everything we've worked for in order to have her. I couldn't do it. But you did. You risked it all. And she showed you a wonderful life didn't she. But then she took it away & gave it somebody else, and you were lost. So you took her life. You killed them both & now you have nothing.

+Quote Post
Fermy
post Sep 30 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,010
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Rio

I have the same problem, Im in northwest florida with T-mobile im really sure i have the right settings, and the country code is correct. I need some help. My MPX 200 works sometimes, it worked on my friends T-Mobile card, so i dont know whats up!

+Quote Post
Big-Sy
post Nov 2 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,651

I had a similar problem when I first used mine, not sure but it seemed to be a loose SIM card. a bit of " percussive maintenance" and ensuring the locking tab was fully across seemed to fix the problem for me. Good luck

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Nov 2 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

It's not uncommon for the little tabs that the SIM chip slips under to break off. If you suspect your SIM card is not seated firmly enough you can try putting a little folded piece of paper between the battery and the chip to force a bit of downward pressure on it.

Hey Big-Sy, glad to see you're diving in with both questions AND helpful suggestions. That's fantastic! Glad you're here!!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:31 PM