IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Use a PC keyboard with Blackjack?, Can I Use a PC keyboard with Blackjack?
john krause
post Dec 4 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,992
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel

Hi All,

Does anyone know if I can connect with a USB and be able to use my PC keyboard to input my contacts more easily into the Blackjack? I read that another phone I was considering had this add-on capability.

ty

jk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 4 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

Blackjack does not have a standard USB or mini-USB connector so, no, you can't hook up your PC keyboard for easy input.

You could try a BlueTooth keyboard. But, as far as the easiest way to get your contacts into your phone...use ActiveSync after you've entered all your contacts on your PC into Outlook.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 4 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

As runningtiger stated, using Outlook on your PC then syncing your contacts is by far the easiest and fastest method of entering contacts. You'll also have them stored on your PC for the future in case you have to hard reset for any reason.

Very few Windows Mobile devices these days have USB host capabilities, which is what is required to use a USB device with a WM device. The old Toshiba e800 I had did it, but I rarely ever ended up using it. It's a nice concept though.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
dstrauss
post Dec 18 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,688
Phone: HTC Typhoon
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

You might try one of those Stowaway bluetooth folding keyboards.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:06 PM