IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For the love of all that is good someone just help me!
spacegravity4me
post Sep 25 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,802
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

I bought this mistake of a phone off ebay for 70 dollars last week, thinking i had found a deal. Now I wish i had never bought this stupid thing! I'm in a bad mood, I'm usually nice guy, I still am, but I'm going to be frank, I need simple answers that lead to something and I need them now. Everywhere on the net I go to try and find out how to update the rom on this thing you either can't have links or you can't this or can't that, well guess what, that isn't helping me right now! I don't even know if a fricking rom update would help me, even one of the asian roms i've read so much about, because i don't know if any of the rom updates ever fixed the bluetooth headset voice rec. problem! All I want to do is be able to use my bluetooth headset to activate voice rec, but no! You would think that this day in age there'd be a hack for just about anything, that isn't true i don't guess. I've searched and searched for something, anything, any glimmer of hope, for a week now and I get close, but all the links are dead, or they can't have links, or they are stupid and don't know anything at all! I've searched google to try and see if there is a way to modify the winmo 2003 bluetooth stack, I find nothing. I search to see if there are any mpx220 hacks, nothing. I search for rom updates, all i get are links that lead no where and if i see moto's hello moto screen one more time i think i'm going to commit arson! Motorola has nothing for this phone anymore! The phone's page has just been turned into a generic accessories site. No roms, nothing. I guess maybe that phone sux and people with jobs and money actually just moved on long ago and bought something else... I know that if someone wanted to they could fix this poj phone and at least make the headset thing work, that is my main problem with the phone. But no one is doing it. You'd think there would be some sort of version of linux or something else that could be put on the hardware in place of windows mobile but there is nothing! I feel as though I am alone. Someone please just tell me something before i throw this phone against a wall and shoot myself. THat's all they'd find. A crushed cell phone and a dead body. Maybe then motorola or someone would fix this thing. if i even get 1 logical response to this i'll be a little happier. thanks for letting me vent.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 25 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I'm not entirely certain I understand what you're trying to do. Do you want to use a BT headset to activate the voice recording program, then record over your BT headset? We have a step by step guide for upgrading the MPx220 rom. But as you already noticed we don't allow posting or links to the roms as they aren't officially available from Microsoft or Motorola. As the phone ages it is getting more and more difficult to find the roms by searching Google, but it is still possible.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
spacegravity4me
post Sep 26 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,802
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Sep 25 2007, 12:52 PM) *
I'm not entirely certain I understand what you're trying to do. Do you want to use a BT headset to activate the voice recording program, then record over your BT headset? We have a step by step guide for upgrading the MPx220 rom. But as you already noticed we don't allow posting or links to the roms as they aren't officially available from Microsoft or Motorola. As the phone ages it is getting more and more difficult to find the roms by searching Google, but it is still possible.

I would like to know if ANY of the rom updates allow you to activate bluetooth voice recognition. And if so, maybe you could send me some links to my email (spacegravity4me@aol.com) smile.gif

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 26 2007, 05:16 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

No, none of the roms will allow you to activate voice recognition via BT. Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 for Smartphones has that functionality, but I don't know if it'll work on the MPx220. It doesn't have it listed as a compatible device, but it's still worth trying to see.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 AM