> How do I do a hard reset?
isnoop
post Apr 13 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,522
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: T-Mobile

How do I hard reset the SDA? I accidentally synched the wrong outlook profile to my new phone and now it's full of crap.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
isnoop
post Apr 13 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,522
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: T-Mobile

Nevermind... found it.

Start -> Accessories (page 3) -> Clear Storage

I expected it to be under Settings.

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 30 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

The method above is if you can actually fully boot your phone. But, if you can't make it to your start menu, you can still do a hard reset. Here's how:

With the phone off, press and hold the two outermost keys directly below the screen (the soft menu keys - one on the extreme left and the other on the extreme right - they have a bar/line symbol on them). Now, continue to hold them while you turn on the phone and until you get to the black reset screen. Don't hold the power key too long. If you do, you'll bypass the hard reset and you'll just have to start over when your phone gets to wherever it is that it hangs.

If you are bypassing the hard reset screen, you are holding the power button too long. I'm emphasizing this 'cuz it took me several times to get it right.

You'll know when you got it right 'cuz you'll get a black screen that says something like press 0 to reset, other keys to quit. I have the i-mate version of the SDA and while holding the two outside keys and turning the phone on at the same time, the first thing I see is the blue i-mate screen for a second or two (CONTINUE TO HOLD THE TWO LITTLE KEYS) then the black screen with the reset instructions appears. You can now stop pressing the two little keys and press 0 to let the phone do it's reset thang.

Wait a few minutes while everything is wiped off your phone and it is returned to exactly how it was when it left the factory. NONE of your stuff will remain...unless it's on the storage card. That stuff is safe.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Aug 31 2006, 06:07 AM
Post #4

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 8,753
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

Hey! It does work. I needed that piece of information two weeks ago when I did something stupid to the registry. What I did to reset the phone was turn on the phone and assume that it was at the home screen, because the screen would be stuck at the splash screen, connected it to activesync and did that HTC update program.

But this is much easier.

This post has been edited by SkippyTheNurse: Aug 31 2006, 06:08 AM

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 31 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

I needed it too...a couple weeks ago and was soooooooooo disappointed when the thread ended at resetting from the regular menu. If I could only get there!

Glad you added your way too. I would have never thought to do that!

I'm currently having a little "problem" with my i-mate and so I'm working my way through the entire "HTC Hurricane, Robbie & Tornado" forum looking to see if I can find the fix, and am posting things I think might be useful along the way.

I'll post a new thread asking for help if I can't find the answer on my own.

Until then...here's to no more hard resets!!! Actually, I bought Sprite, so I'm pretty fearless now. laugh.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Nov 3 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,058
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other

When you do a hard reset to the SDA does the battery has to be fully charged?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 3 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I don't think it has to be. The MPx200 was the only phone I've seen that suffered when it wasn't. But if it's possible to do so I would just to be sure.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Nov 3 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Nov 3 2006, 06:43 PM) *
I don't think it has to be. The MPx200 was the only phone I've seen that suffered when it wasn't. But if it's possible to do so I would just to be sure.

Allright, thanks. But I cant manage to make the reset mad.gif the black screen appears press 0 to restore to factory settings etc. But when I press "0" nothing happens, the T-Mobile screen comes up..

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Nov 4 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #9

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Is your phone failing to boot and so you're trying the method of holding down the two soft keys while powering the phone on? 'Cuz if you're phone will boot and make it to the start menu, there is a "clear storage" utility that is easier to use...IF you can get to it.

Otherwise, if you can't fully boot the phone, and are doing the first method, then are you allowing it some time after you've pressed the zero? If I remember right, after I pressed the zero the i-mate screen showed up on mine too for a bit before the reset finished doing it's thang.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Nov 8 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Nov 4 2006, 05:05 AM) *
Is your phone failing to boot and so you're trying the method of holding down the two soft keys while powering the phone on? 'Cuz if you're phone will boot and make it to the start menu, there is a "clear storage" utility that is easier to use...IF you can get to it.

Otherwise, if you can't fully boot the phone, and are doing the first method, then are you allowing it some time after you've pressed the zero? If I remember right, after I pressed the zero the i-mate screen showed up on mine too for a bit before the reset finished doing it's thang.

Yup, thanks mate got everything resetted now! But still havent fixed the problem...about that in a new thread sad.gif

+Quote Post
dee_shot
post Dec 15 2006, 12:03 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,121
Phone: HTC Hurricane
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: iPod Photo

QUOTE (FuNkY @ Nov 3 2006, 08:43 AM) *
Allright, thanks. But I cant manage to make the reset mad.gif the black screen appears press 0 to restore to factory settings etc. But when I press "0" nothing happens, the T-Mobile screen comes up..

I am having this same problem... has anyone figured out why this is happening and how to get past it?
I was able to get to the black screen and pressed "0" to restore to factory settings. My phone has been stuck at the white TMobile screen for about half an hour now. Any thoughts or help? Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
rayray818
post Jul 28 2007, 03:36 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 15,633
Phone: Cingular 3125
MP3 Player: iPod

i have a cingular 3125.....can someone plzzzzzzz telll me how to reset that...i get to da screen that says windows mobile and it just freezes their.....sad.gif

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Jul 28 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #13

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

Start > Accessories > Clear Storage

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Jul 28 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #14

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

Start > Accessories > Clear Storage

Enter 1234 into the text box and then press the YES button.

This clears out EVERYTHING on the phone and sets it all back to defaults.

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
rayray818
post Jul 28 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 15,633
Phone: Cingular 3125
MP3 Player: iPod

it doesnt turn on its just stuck at the splash screen...i did the hard reset and pressed 0 when it asked me to but it just went back to the splash screen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:05 AM