lil14kid
post Feb 26 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,763
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: Alltel

is there a way to get a wallpaper to overlap the signal and battery sighn on the top and the start and contacts on the bottom this happened by acident when i applied a new theme but it left a space open in the bottom of the screen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 27 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

Have you tried editing your homescreen XML file to change the color codes for the icon bar and the start and contacts buttons from whatever color they are now to transparent? I'm totally guessing, but that's where I'd start...trying.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Feb 28 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #3

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,763
Phone: Cingular 8125

where is this file and how do i edit it

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 28 2007, 03:04 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

You can edit XML files using notepad on your PC. The XML files are located in the application data/home folder on your phone. Copy the original to your PC, tinker with it, give it a new name then copy back to your phone so you don't lose the original!

Google how to make wm5 homescreens for more info. That's what I did. I've got my homescreen the way I like but I don't have any info in my notes about how to make the start & contacts buttons transparent...IF it can be done at all. I don't know. For sure the icon bar can be made transparent though. I've seen that.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:29 PM